Early Vezina discussion!

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Gotta be Gibson or Freddy. Gibson takes an absurd amount of shots but isnt going to rack up the wins which might effect voting.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Vezina goes the reputation route once the save percentage is top 5

I can see Vasilevskiy still win it even with games missed (assuming hes up there in save pct)

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Gibson and Anderson leading the charge. Crazy that they were teammates on Anaheim once.

Dont sleep on Luongo either

Reactions: Getz2perry

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Going by eye test and save percentage combined, Rinne is the best I've seen this year.

Andersen has also been really good, as has Gibson and Varlamov.

I don't see Gibson's team making the playoffs, so he won't get it. If they do make the playoffs, it will be because of him, so they're gonna have to give it to him then. Especially if they make it without canning Retread Randy.

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
Wow 2nd page and not a mention of a Lundqvist.... He's derailing the Rangers tank, Islanders game not withstanding

Reactions: STHLM

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Hutton is starting to make a serious case.
Lmao this is a joke right? If it were just awarded to the best goalie on the sabres then yeah. But Hutton isnt even the best gaolie in his division let alone the league.

Andersen
Gibson
Dubnyk
Vasilevsky
Rinne

And I think Bobrovsky is coming up too.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Pick your favourite between Rinne, Gibson and Andersen.

Whoever you pick will be a perfectly cromulent winner.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
This year is weird to say the least. Don't see any front runner, even Gibson, who's been fantastic in front of a very bad Anaheim, had his bad games.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
This is less about whose in the lead right now then whose gonna win at the end. But - Carey Price will win the Vezina this year

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Gibson is my pick so far
Same. The Ducks have been bad, but they're bottom of the league bad without Gibson. I saw a stat tonight during the game that said he has the best save % of any goalie ever who has played 150+ games. That's crazy to think about. Hes basically Carey Price in front of those bad Habs teams.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
Lmao this is a joke right? If it were just awarded to the best goalie on the sabres then yeah. But Hutton isnt even the best gaolie in his division let alone the league.

Andersen
Gibson
Dubnyk
Vasilevsky
Rinne

And I think Bobrovsky is coming up too.
Who tied your panties in a knot? I’m not saying he’s going to win it or is a front runner. Go watch his recent games the Sabres have had no business winning. Get over yourself dude.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This year is weird to say the least. Don't see any front runner, even Gibson, who's been fantastic in front of a very bad Anaheim, had his bad games.
Gibson hasnt really had "bad" games... statistically sure but mostly ducks left him out to dry and he wasnt superman

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Nice to see Freddy get some recognition.

I still remember the poster on the Leaf board suggest we put him on waivers last October after his slow start to “cut our losses”

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
I think Raanta and Gibson are the best considering the teams in front of them. Luongo seems very solid in his comeback for Florida, also.

Rinne is probably going to have the best statistics because his team combined with his goal-tending, makes it very, very difficult for anybody to score on them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad