GnrlDisarray

Nov 21, 2017
Who do you have at the top of this list! This is just my personal top5

Andersen
Gibson
Rinne
Vasi
Raanta

I honestly feel like these 5 goalies have been to most impactful for thei teams.

Discuss!

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Freddy is the front runner for me. Based on what he faces every night and how well he does against it. Add onto that the guy is a workhorse. Vezina voting is pretty much based on wins + shutouts + Sv% + GAA. Whoever leads in the most categories usually wins. But when you take a deeper dive into who is actually a huge part of their teams success Anderson really sticks out.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
This could end up being a Mike Trout situation where Gibson has to get in the playoffs to win the award.

Gibson or Freddy for me

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Gibson.

The Ducks would be a bottom 3 team without him.

The fact they aren't bottom 3 is really helped by them playing more games than everyone in the league except Vancouver and SJ. If you sort by point% they are 26th, .006 out of the bottom 3.

Gibson has still been great though.

Reactions: paragon

Elitersson

Unregistered User
Feb 22, 2016
Don't sleep too much on Luongo. Not saying he should be over guys like Gibson but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the conversation.

Sure he got lit up for 7 last night but he still owns a .930sv% and Florida is 4-1-0 with him and 3-5-3 without. Staying healthy will be his biggest challenge.

Reactions: Literally

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Luuuuuuuuuu..
I’m gonna pretend last night didn’t happen.

If rolls the season with a top 2 or 3 sv% and hits 500 wins... would be a great story for him winning his first.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
got to be gibson at this point as he has taken the ducks team and I mean entire team on his back and carried them all season long thus far

Reactions: Lays

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Dubnyk, Gibson, Rinne front runners at this point. If I had to make a bet I'd pick Rinne.

Luongo, Raanta, Andersen possible.

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
Crazy that Anaheim traded away a really good goalie, and are still good on that front because of Gibson. Worked out well for them.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Freddy is the front runner for me. Based on what he faces every night and how well he does against it. Add onto that the guy is a workhorse. Vezina voting is pretty much based on wins + shutouts + Sv% + GAA. Whoever leads in the most categories usually wins. But when you take a deeper dive into who is actually a huge part of their teams success Anderson really sticks out.

damn this is pretty awesome considering -some- leaf fans were talking about waiving him/worst starter in the league just a month ago

ppl still haven't learned, it's probably gona happen again next october

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad