Early Vezina discussion!

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
Based on how the voters historically operate its Freddy AINEC. Whether you believe he’s actually really been the best is irrelevant based on this being a discussion on winning Vezina.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Should be Freddy. He is masking the attrocious Leafs defense. If he doesnt hold it together the floodgates will open.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Does Koskinen start getting put into the conversation now?

If not, I just did...lol

He's clearly stepped up and taken over the starting job in Edmonton.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
My top 10 list as of Dec 1

1. Rinne
2. Halak
3. Andersen
4. Koskinen
5. McElhinney
6. Gibson
7. Vasilevskiy
8. Varlamov
9. Greiss
10. Fleury

Lovsan

Oct 18, 2015
Finland
i really hope Koskinen wins it, the talk before season about him now being able to play at NHL level was fun to read, now he has shown that he can play at top level. I wish all the best for him!

Cotton

May 13, 2013
In any other discussion people would say how terrible the Leafs D is, keeping it consistent means admitting its Andersen by a long shot.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
The best goalie relative to what he's had to deal with is Gibson. Rinne and Andersen play behind significantly better teams with much better coaches. He's playing behind one of the worst offenses (2nd to last in goals for) and defensive "systems" (giving up the second most shots per game). Both Rinne and Andersen play behind top 10 offenses... they have the luxury of knowing if they have a bad game, they can still win. Chances are, if the Ducks give up 3 goals they lose the game... both Toronto and Nashville are more likely to score more than 3 goals than less than 3. Psychologically, that has to play a factor for goalies.

Edit: Unfortunately, Vezina isn't given to the best goalie, but other things factor in too, which probably means Gibson isn't going to win it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00