E3 2018 - Conferences start June 9th - Full Schedule in Post #1

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Ghost of Tsushima looked, visually speaking, incredible. Gameplay was unimpressive though.

Spiderman looks like Arkham Spider, I am so in.

Last of Us II was the highlight obviously. I loved fighting humans in TLoU and that sequence certainly made me want to play it!

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Huh. I woulda thought Days Gone would have been showed with a Feb release date.

Previews have been bad and they've already given it a ton of E3 stage time. I don't think their expectations for it are very high anymore.

They'll try to do a sales pitch at PSX at the end of the year, probably.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
9903EB31-150D-4001-A7D7-B6ADAC9D693D.jpeg

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Previews have been bad and they've already given it a ton of E3 stage time. I don't think their expectations for it are very high anymore.

They'll try to do a sales pitch at PSX at the end of the year, probably.
Eh. I enjoyed all the previews so far. From
What I remember most have been positive about it. That being said it is still confusing they didn’t show it.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Wasn’t that already announced though? The listing showed two unannounced games.

Yeah I don’t know what’s going on there. Was really expecting something and from Rocksteady. Really disappointed there’s just no word at all. No indication of anything from WB.

Figured Superman was a pipe dream for me but still expected to see something for the future.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm more curious to see who the main villain in that spider man game.

You got Electro, Scorpion and Rhino so that leads me to believe it might be a take on the original sinister six. which IIRC was lead by Kingpin.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
But again nothing that’s a real push forward was kind of the point. Nothing that’s going to sell VRs. These one hour indie demos that are called games aren’t going to do anything.

Typical catch 22.

Can't spend almost $100 million on a AAA game when there's only a user base of 2-3 million people. And you can't expect people to buy expensive new tech hardware if there aren't any AAA games. It's created a lull in the industry that investors somehow didn't expect.

But VR isn't like the vita. Portable gaming didn't come anywhere close to disappearing. Portable consoles just got replaced by the powerful computers we keep in our pockets to occasionally make telephone calls with.

Maybe companies got into the vr game slightly too early, where it wasn't quite realistically cost efficient to buy a crazy expensive headset, only to play dev experiments and experiences.

But this trial period had to happen at some point. The first generation of VR was always going to be far too expensive with an entry level vr experience and vaporware games. There couldn't be any other way.

As a psvr owner, I'm sad to say that this e3 has shown me that the first generation vr experiment is already approaching it's end.

But I think it's because everybody is just getting ready for round 2.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Eh. I enjoyed all the previews so far. From
What I remember most have been positive about it. That being said it is still confusing they didn’t show it.
They showed it in a small clip when they showed Beat Saber, etc. It'll likely get a ton of time at PSX.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Tsushima reminded me too much of Dynasty Warriors with a stealth element. What will make or break the game is if the story is great. TLoU had pretty meh gunplay and it was still great because of everything else.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It is funny how they act like it is some independent panel and not the company shilling itself.
I listened to a review by ProJared afterwards and basically they had to file people out of that.... church thing after the TLOU2 reveal and had to fill the time with something.

But yeah that was just Sony shilling themselves after only showing one game.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I want to play Nioh but my backlog is so big atm. Still playing God of War. Then I want to do KOTOR from gamepass.

Still have Bloodborne and a few others in line that I already own.
Just started Kotor back up when I saw it on there the other day. And oh my do I want a modern version of this game so bad. They could just take the base concept of the game, tell a different story with better graphics and tweak some small things and it would be absolutely amazing.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Just started Kotor back up when I saw it on there the other day. And oh my do I want a modern version of this game so bad. They could just take the base concept of the game, tell a different story with better graphics and tweak some small things and it would be absolutely amazing.

I would give a lot of money for this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad