E3 2018 - Conferences start June 9th - Full Schedule in Post #1

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Well we're about a month away from E3, and news is starting to heat up. The Walmart Canada thing last week seems to have kickstarted the discussion.

What are you looking to see at E3 this year?

I want info on Borderlands 3, the FFVII remake, and the PS5 (a rough release date would be nice).

g27vzsx8edcbtbwgf0qw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gardner McKay

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I agree, and Im not very happy about it. I hope if we hear anything that its "PS5 is a lomg way off"

Should be. The only time you move forward on a new console is when your old one is clearly not up to par (Microsoft with the 360 from the OX, Nintendo with the Wii U to the Switch). The PS Pro just came out and while Sony sort of whiffed on it (not a big enough progression), it doesn't warrant a new console yet. You're going to piss off all the people who have bought one in recent years, and developers don't really appreciate having to develop for more than a couple consoles (and PS5 wouldn't be big enough right away to warrant outsourcing PS4 development).

Breath of the Wild 2 and Elder Scrolls 6 news, please.

..... what? I never said that I had realistic hopes.

Bethesda seems to be dragging their heels on TESVI. Went from 4 years between III and IV, to 5 between IV and V. And it seems like VI is definitely not coming out this year, probably not next, meaning it'll be 9 years between V and VI.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Breath of the wild I highly doubt is coming out that quick. At best it will come out at the end of the switches lifespan, at worst it won't come out at all.

Other than Mario Galaxy and Majora's mask, which started out as much smaller expansions, Nintendo has mostly kept their big franchises to one game per console lifespan (I guess Mario 1 2 3 and Zelda 1 and 2 as well)

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Should be. The only time you move forward on a new console is when your old one is clearly not up to par (Microsoft with the 360 from the OX, Nintendo with the Wii U to the Switch). The PS Pro just came out and while Sony sort of whiffed on it (not a big enough progression), it doesn't warrant a new console yet. You're going to piss off all the people who have bought one in recent years, and developers don't really appreciate having to develop for more than a couple consoles (and PS5 wouldn't be big enough right away to warrant outsourcing PS4 development).

Bethesda seems to be dragging their heels on TESVI. Went from 4 years between III and IV, to 5 between IV and V. And it seems like VI is definitely not coming out this year, probably not next, meaning it'll be 9 years between V and VI.

Fallout 4 came almost as "out of nowhere" as a AAA game gets. It wouldnt shock me if we got "TESVI is done and will be here in October" news. That said, I dont think were getting it this year. Id say Beth is doing Rage 2 and revealing their new scifi RPG series.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Fallout 4 came almost as "out of nowhere" as a AAA game gets. It wouldnt shock me if we got "TESVI is done and will be here in October" news. That said, I dont think were getting it this year. Id say Beth is doing Rage 2 and revealing their new scifi RPG series.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens, but not this year. They've been pretty clear that it's not happening this year.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
True but, fallout 4 was almost a reskin of Skyrim, the tech was extremely similar so it was much easier to do everything in house under the radar.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I was hoping for Doom 2 but if the Rage 2 leak is true then that seems unlikely. Somebody there did say at some point that their press conference would be "hell on Earth" though.

Some Metroid Prime 4 gameplay.

Somebody to confirm that 13 Sentinels still exists.

FromSoft needs to talk about whatever it is they teased at the end of the year.

FF7 remake sounds like it's a mess so it'll probably get 30 seconds of lip service at best. Bet that thing ends up getting cancelled eventually. Still want Square to get Platinum to remake the first Nier.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Don't think we are getting any Borderlands 3 info, tho I hope that's not true.

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
I agree with the above regarding The Elder Scrolls VI. It would be nice to get some info and I also think the game won't be here until 2020 at the earliest.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Nah we'll probably get Borderlands 3 stuff. Rage 2 is real, so that leaked list is probably real.

Rage 2 is really random, the first one was very mediocre.

I wonder if we can equate Rage to Borderlands in that 1 was a mediocre game that was testing some ideas but 2 really realizes what they wanted to do and hammers those ideas into a fantastic game?

Otherwise, I have no idea why theyre bringing it back, other then to really improve the concept.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Rage basically only existed to show off id Tech 5.

I dunno, depends which studio is working on it. I'd want id working on Doom instead of a new Rage, and MachineGames still has another Wolfenstein to make... there's Arkane but I don't think they'd pull it off.

edit: Sounds like Avalanche is making it.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Well we're about a month away from E3, and news is starting to heat up. The Walmart Canada thing last week seems to have kickstarted the discussion.

What are you looking to see at E3 this year?

I want info on Borderlands 3, the FFVII remake, and the PS5 (a rough release date would be nice).

Don't expect this.

Apparently the team they brought in to work on it did a absolutely garbage job after 2 years and Square removed them from the project and threw away all the work they did. So basically they started from almost scratch again early in the year. The project has been a COMPLETE DISASTER. Probably another 3-4 years till this comes out.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I doubt it will be. Nintendo's been pretty upfront about what is a port and what isn't.

No reason why most, if not the entire roster from 4 can't return though.

And ditch Smash Tour.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad