Dylan Strome shedding the "bust" label

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Strome is a reminder that one should avoid calling a player a "bust" until at least 5 years after they were drafted. Sometimes it's more to do with how the team uses/develops the player rather then what the players capabilities are.

or like you know at least until he's played more than literally half a seasons worth of games at the NHL level when still pretty young and with a history of doing well at other levels of play(including being PPG+ as an AHL rookie literally last year)

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Geoist

May 1, 2015
alex debrincat is so underrated as it pertains to helping strome look like a star. the guy has been unreal for ages and nobody talks about it. 102 points in his first 137 games and still it feels like someone else gets credit for his abilities. being behind kane in chicago isn't doing him any favors, but people need to start talking about this guy like he's one of the league's best.

I think it took Panarin a little while to catch on for the same reason.

HawkNut

Jun 12, 2017
He obviously was good enough to be drafted third overall. This has been quite the 180.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Turris was never considered a bust in AZ. He held out, demanded a trade, then mailed it in with piss poor efforts and pouted his way out of town.

He's probably thinking that was the best move of his career at this point.

Kid A Plus

Feb 23, 2013
West Hollywood, CA
In ARI this year he personally was shooting 7.5%
In CHI this year he personally is shooting 18.2%

In ARI his On Ice Shooting % was 2.5%
In CHI his On Ice Shooting % is 13.7%

I gather he is neither the 24 pt a year player he was projecting for in ARI this year
Nor the 71 pt player his CHI numbers project to.

Right in the middle- 45 seems about right.

His passing is way above a 45 point player if he's on a line with a legit top 6 players. He's not just padding stats on secondary assists or sliding it over to some beast who does all the work on a goal.

He's out there really making some plays. It obviously helps he's out there with cat who knows so well and can finish, but he's doing a great job of setting him up and everyone else.

As for the shot %... he's on the best PP in the league with kane, toews, cat & gustaf... where he gets a lot of danger close looks... it will prob go down cause that PP cant stay that good forever... but to his credit he does an excellent job of finishing those chances where so many others dont so that bodes well fir the future.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I'm not sold yet. He's playing with the probable Art Ross champion attached to his hip in Kane.

His On-Ice numbers are bad and his Shooting Percentages have skyrocketed. He's gonna fall back down toward Earth, need to see how far down he settles when it all gets corrected.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
I'm not sold yet. He's playing with the probable Art Ross champion attached to his hip in Kane.

His On-Ice numbers are bad and his Shooting Percentages have skyrocketed. He's gonna fall back down toward Earth, need to see how far down he settles when it all gets corrected.
Hasnt played with kane 5v5 in like 10 games. Hes been with Debrincat and Kahun.

Kid A Plus

Feb 23, 2013
West Hollywood, CA
How does this keep happening to the Coyotes?
Hasnt played with kane 5v5 in like 10 games. Hes been with Debrincat and Kahun.

Kane had 27 points in 20 games before Strome came and 52 pts in the 31 since... also he had 7 PPTs before and 18 since Strome joined his power play unit.

Kane's a playing out of his mind, but let's face it, without Strome he's just your average first ballot hall of famer.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

18 and 13 percent respectively isn't all that absurd, and he isn't even playing with Kane 5v5. Sheeesh brother.

Reactions: Pia8988

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Before getting traded to the Blackhawks, most thought Dylan Strome was headed for bustville.
Since being traded to the Blackhawks, Strome has 27 points in 31 games, and has recorded at least 4-5 multi point games. Before the trade, he hadn't had a multi-point game in his career.

He's been making plays like this regularly:

And he's scoring goals like this:

I can't believe Arizona traded this guy.

He isn't the only one to leave Arizona and be a better player than most people thought . Good for Strome.

Last edited:

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Tfw when people make grand pronouncements while having no idea who Strome’s linemates are.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad