Dylan Strome shedding the "bust" label

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Before getting traded to the Blackhawks, most thought Dylan Strome was headed for bustville.
Since being traded to the Blackhawks, Strome has 27 points in 31 games, and has recorded at least 4-5 multi point games. Before the trade, he hadn't had a multi-point game in his career.

He's been making plays like this regularly:

And he's scoring goals like this:

I can't believe Arizona traded this guy.

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'll admit he's been better than I expected. Though I'm still not thrilled with his skating (hopefully he works on it in the off-season).

The instant chemistry with Debrincat, old teammates from the Otters, has been cool to watch.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
I'll admit he's been better than I expected. Though I'm still not thrilled with his skating (hopefully he works on it in the off-season).

The instant chemistry with Debrincat, old teammates from the Otters, has been cool to watch.

It’s a lot easier to work on things when things are working well. He’s not the greatest skater and probably never will be but luckily skating isn’t all about speed. But yes if I were him I would be going to the best speed skating trainers in the world. Gaining a half a stride could be the difference between mediocrity and stardom

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015

how is his skating im curious?
tavares on the leafs has great bursts of speed sometimes and great edge work, but can be slow at times.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
His skating problems are overblown. I thought so too before I started watching him nightly. He isn't a great skater, his stride is weird, but he's so smart and sees the game so well it doesn't affect him as much as others. He can definitely stand to get a half step faster, but I don't see him not keeping up with his line mates and he is able to backcheck and forecheck effectively.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I dare you guys to be a Coyotes fan for one year. I mean like double dare.

giphy.gif

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
He never deserved it in the first place. He was gonna be fine when he finally got ice time (which he is rn)

Reactions: Cellee

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
how is his skating im curious?
tavares on the leafs has great bursts of speed sometimes and great edge work, but can be slow at times.

It's mediocre. No real bursts of speed, cause he doesn't have much explosiveness off his first stride. Edgework is good, he's been good on the cycle, juking and moving laterally.

He needs a linemate like Kane or Debrincat to slow up after entry and generally 'slow the game down' for him to keep up, or give him the time and space to use his hockey IQ to get a step on somebody or find a soft spot on the ice. Not unlike what Kane and Panarin did for Anisimov when those three were a line. He's rarely if ever the guy carrying the puck in on a rush.

Obviously Strome can do a lot more and be a lot more involved in the play-making once he gets there though, his vision is certainly great.

Reactions: HavocWreaker

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
It's mediocre. No real bursts of speed, cause he doesn't have much explosiveness off his first stride. Edgework is good, he's been good on the cycle, juking and moving laterally.

He needs a linemate like Kane or Debrincat to slow up after entry and generally 'slow the game down' for him to keep up, or give him the time and space to use his hockey IQ to get a step on somebody or find a soft spot on the ice. Not unlike what Kane and Panarin did for Anisimov when those three were a line. He's rarely if ever the guy carrying the puck in on a rush.

Obviously Strome can do a lot more and be a lot more involved in the play-making once he gets there though, his vision is certainly great.
nice, thanks for the response, im sure skating can be improved, Fredrick gauthier on our team is 23 almost 24 and 6'5 but he can finally move fast for his size. it takes time but it can be done.

strome always had the skill and iq, hopefully a good off season and if the hawks dev program is good he can be even better for next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad