jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Wait until the playoffs
giphy.gif

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Is there anyone more happy than Strome this season? Dude is traded to an Original 6 team, gets to live in the kick ass city of Chicago while playing in the Madhouse every other night and has been a ppg player since arriving. The smile on his face must be permanently etched.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
Is there anyone more happy than Strome this season? Dude is traded to an Original 6 team, gets to live in the kick ass city of Chicago while playing in the Madhouse every other night and has been a ppg player since arriving. The smile on his face must be permanently etched.

And don´t forget he also went from probable bust to potential gem in a matter of weeks. Also he just happened to placed on a team with his best friend. Happy? Yeah. I suppose.

Reactions: qwerty

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
I'll admit he's been better than I expected. Though I'm still not thrilled with his skating (hopefully he works on it in the off-season).

The instant chemistry with Debrincat, old teammates from the Otters, has been cool to watch.
i'm sure he'll work on it but he can survive without being an elite skater. if he plays with guys like debrincat and makes quick decisions and moves the puck you can play behind the bullet and be effective. he is gonna be damn good i think, this trade was a welcoming slap in the face

fingerpainter

Dec 20, 2018
It's amazing how many bad trades the Hawks have made (or were forced into with cap issues) - but then every year or 2 they'll have 4 new guys coming out of nowhere. Honestly, they have some developmental system in place there. And it's been consistently great.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I just wonder what the Hawks would be able to work out with him when his contract is up. I am guessing $5M AAV for eight years, which in my opinion would be a major steal for Chicago. They also got to worry about the next generation of Blackhawk prospects coming up, but I think they'll be a consistent playoff team once again.

Reactions: chriscarr99

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I remember doing a double take when he got traded. Why did Arizona give up on him so quickly?

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
So without ignoring the fact that Arizona got Schmaltz who has been decent for them when healthy I've loved this trade for the hawks from the get go. I was snooping around Strome before this trade happened and even created this trade thread

I had a feeling that the lack of veteran on ice leadership in Arizona was negatively affecting the development of some of their prospects. Brilliant GMing here. If im another team, im knocking on Arizona's door for their other young underachieving prospects

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
-and gets to live with and play with his literal best friend every day.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It's amazing how many bad trades the Hawks have made (or were forced into with cap issues) - but then every year or 2 they'll have 4 new guys coming out of nowhere. Honestly, they have some developmental system in place there. And it's been consistently great.

Unless your talking about defenders

Not much success there over last decade and it has caught up to Hawks in recent years

Good pipeline of talent coming thru now and in coming years hopefully (Still just kids so cant get too excited)

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
I'm not sold yet. He's playing with the probable Art Ross champion attached to his hip in Kane.

His On-Ice numbers are bad and his Shooting Percentages have skyrocketed. He's gonna fall back down toward Earth, need to see how far down he settles when it all gets corrected.

Uh, Kucherov is the "probable" Art Ross champion and no, Strome isn't playing with Kane attached to his hip.

You're really mailing it in lately...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad