Dylan Strome shedding the "bust" label

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
If he wasn't Canadian he would have gotten much more time and excuse afforded to him before being labelled a bust.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Seems like there is a good drafting/scouting dept in ARI (keep picking these good players), and a bad coaching/development team in ARI (causing these players to underperform in ARI). So Chayka is doing half good I guess.....yet then he trades these underperforming players maybe too early, or for too little, so I guess now thats 1/3 a good GM?

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
His skating problems are overblown. I thought so too before I started watching him nightly. He isn't a great skater, his stride is weird, but he's so smart and sees the game so well it doesn't affect him as much as others. He can definitely stand to get a half step faster, but I don't see him not keeping up with his line mates and he is able to backcheck and forecheck effectively.
He seems like a very straight up skater, don't think it looks really fluid.

Reactions: TLEH

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I know he's not at the moment, but it's obviously not just a change of scenery.
You know what you were implying though. DeBrincat is also really good, Strome has been good because Strome has been good. No one is putting stuff on platters for him, he's just playing good hockey.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
You know what you were implying though. DeBrincat is also really good, Strome has been good because Strome has been good. No one is putting stuff on platters for him, he's just playing good hockey.
All I'm saying is I'm skeptical his production would have exploded like this if Arizona just gave him more ice-time. Maybe it would have, but I don't think his play in Chicago really proves it.

Reactions: TLEH

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If he wasn't Canadian he would have gotten much more time and excuse afforded to him before being labelled a bust.

So, you're saying Puljujarvi is somehow a Canadian, too ?

Aside from Perlini, this trade was looking good for both teams. Schmaltz got hurt for the season, but hopefully for Arizona he can return to his new found form.

Reactions: vshun

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Maybe makes up for the Panarin trade (although Saad did have a good game tonight)??? Will be some story and heck of a trade if he continues this pace and the Hawks make the playoffs.
Maybe someone could trade for Puljujarvi and could have same effect?

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
I'll admit he's been better than I expected. Though I'm still not thrilled with his skating (hopefully he works on it in the off-season).

The instant chemistry with Debrincat, old teammates from the Otters, has been cool to watch.
You don't think he's tried working on it the past 3 off seasons? It's mostly genetic. He can't get much faster.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Maybe makes up for the Panarin trade (although Saad did have a good game tonight)??? Will be some story and heck of a trade if he continues this pace and the Hawks make the playoffs.
Maybe someone could trade for Puljujarvi and could have same effect?

Saad has actually been playing very well lately and producing at a very high rate in a 3rd line role.

Strome has been amazing

Can’t believe the Hawks got him. Future star in the making at 2C. Having him and Dcat together has created a legit 2nd scoring line and allowed Kane and Toews to reunite on the top line where Kane has 30 pts in the past 13 games or something absurd like that.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Makes you wonder if Keller would be a star(PPG+) if he played somewhere else...10 more points than the next player on the team.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
alex debrincat is so underrated as it pertains to helping strome look like a star. the guy has been unreal for ages and nobody talks about it. 102 points in his first 137 games and still it feels like someone else gets credit for his abilities. being behind kane in chicago isn't doing him any favors, but people need to start talking about this guy like he's one of the league's best.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
alex debrincat is so underrated as it pertains to helping strome look like a star. the guy has been unreal for ages and nobody talks about it. 102 points in his first 137 games and still it feels like someone else gets credit for his abilities. being behind kane in chicago isn't doing him any favors, but people need to start talking about this guy like he's one of the league's best.

He'S tOo SmAlL fOr ThE nHl

Natural born scorer with three straight 50+ goal, 100+ point seasons in junior. The third one was after McDavid left too and it was just him and Strome ripping it up like they're doing again now.

Should have been a first rounder.

Reactions: Reddwit

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
Never understood why everyone was so ready to write this kid off. The bust talk started coming when he was still 19 lol. Trade looked bad for zona and it's only getting worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad