Dylan Strome Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I still go by my initial reaction to this trade which is we have ourselves a bonafide 2LC and if I let my imagination and wishful thinking run with it we have a 1LC in about 1 to 2 years ... allowing Toews to step down a notch or two .. once we have Hughes on board as well!

Hughes
Strome
Toews
Kampf

The center lineup when this team wins its next cup.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Even if the Hawks finish last they'll have less than a 20% chance at Hughes.
Let's not get too carried away.
Kakko is good too. And with the way this organization has drafted in the last couple years, I trust that if they had the third or fourth overall pick, that they'd find an impact player. As of now, they have a lot of good choices in guys like Cozens, Dach, or Podkolzin to choose from.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I was just going to ask how Strome was doing, I guess this thread answers that lol. We gave up on him waaaaay too soon, and it looks like it's going to bite us in the ass. Turris trade 2.0.

The Strome shops are great btw.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I was just going to ask how Strome was doing, I guess this thread answers that lol. We gave up on him waaaaay too soon, and it looks like it's going to bite us in the ass. Turris trade 2.0.

Schmaltz is working out well so far. If he can find any consistency with that whatsoever you're in good shape.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Schmaltz has been good minus the times where his controller turns off on D, no?

I see this as a win win for both team even though I was against trading Schmaltz.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
A guy who can play that area and deflect has been lacking on the Hawks for too long. Hope the PP in the future can get going with him there

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Brilliant screen from coach Strome
tb0Pwiq.jpg

Reactions: Rooh

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I don't know how he didn't get at least a point tonight. Kid deserved at least 3pts but of course Rinne had to be feeling it tonight.

Reactions: BK

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Does the move if Strone to LW from C mean his is never going to be the 2C solution?

Obviously they feel he is at least not yet ready to play the C position with all it entails defensively ...extra responsibility. ..not that Anisimov is any solution either. R ..but by putting green him on the wing he has less complex positioning reads and less ice to cover laterally ...he can concentrate more on playmaker g in the attack and forecheck ...does this change our strategic targeting for the draft?

Suppose we do not get the #1 ...IF it is #2 to we bypass Kako (RW) for who we have ranked 2nd C target after Hughes (though I personally do not want surf Hughes as C anyway) ?

Do we trade do as much as 3 soits to 3rd 4th or 5th selection...knowing we could still draft a Big C solution for 2C in Dach, Cozens or Leason?

I an also not sure where the X factor
Leason really fits now in the rankings ...the 19 yr old may in fact be a 3-5 ranking on a lot of scouts lists based on his clear emergence as a dominating WHL star this season..Late bloomer yes ..but you cannot ignore the size the speed and scoring ability.

He seemed pretty good on face offs too from what I saw in the Canada-Russia Super series he played in in November for the WHL squad..

Anyway not sure if we value potential of younger first time eligible Dach and Cozens over this X factor infusion into the debate ..
He also is a very dangerous guy on the PK due to his shorty threat and his long reach to bust up plays. .

If you had him and Entwhistle out there killing off penalties we might turn that special team around instantly ..Both are very good as PK guys..Both good at face offs. ..

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Does the move if Strone to LW from C mean his is never going to be the 2C solution?

Obviously they feel he is at least not yet ready to play the C position with all it entails defensively ...extra responsibility. ..not that Anisimov is any solution either. R ..but by putting green him on the wing he has less complex positioning reads and less ice to cover laterally ...he can concentrate more on playmaker g in the attack and forecheck ...does this change our strategic targeting for the draft?

Did you watch the game last night? :shakehead

He didn't play wing.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Well we know 50 didn't watch the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad