Chicago Manitoba
Did you watch the game last night? :shakehead

He didn't play wing.
tumblr_pjzwlvBpIb1xkok61o1_400.gif

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yep.

15-17-88 looked solid. They were not fast but they we solid out there.

Don't have to be blazing fast if you're always in the places you're supposed to be.

I'm probably the slowest guy on my men's league team(because I need to lose 50lbs to get back down to playing weight) yet I'm 3rd in points with like 27. Positioning/IQ make up for a lack of speed 11/10 times.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Does the move if Strone to LW from C mean his is never going to be the 2C solution?

Obviously they feel he is at least not yet ready to play the C position with all it entails defensively ...extra responsibility. ..not that Anisimov is any solution either. R ..but by putting green him on the wing he has less complex positioning reads and less ice to cover laterally ...he can concentrate more on playmaker g in the attack and forecheck ...does this change our strategic targeting for the draft?

:help:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Don't have to be blazing fast if you're always in the places you're supposed to be.

I'm probably the slowest guy on my men's league team(because I need to lose 50lbs to get back down to playing weight) yet I'm 3rd in points with like 27. Positioning/IQ make up for a lack of speed 11/10 times.
be in the right spot at the right time and bury the puck...... that is what make a great player.

look at Phil Espo, slow as a turtle and when he gets in front of the net, he scores..... how many goals and for how long ??

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
this is a bit off topic - but I always thought about this over the years..

imagine if the Penguins took Toews over Jordan Staal at #2...and then we took Staal at #3, do people still think we win those Cups or any Cups with Jordan Staal instead of Toews??? now, we can also say maybe we wouldn't have even taken Staal and went with the guy right after Toews named Backstrom - if that scenario happened, yeah I think we possibly win all 3 Cups with Bakcstrom instead of Toews...but it is amazing how things work out and the guy picked at 2nd overall could have been our guy at #3...wonder how many people think this team still could win with Staal instead of Toews???....sorry Strome, we need to take a break from your appreciation..

Reactions: LDF and ChiHawks10

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

It also helps when you have Patrick Kane who will intentionally slow down the game in the offensive zone. If there's ever a place to hide your slower guys, it's on a line with Kane.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Does the move if Strone to LW from C mean his is never going to be the 2C solution?

Obviously they feel he is at least not yet ready to play the C position with all it entails defensively ...extra responsibility. ..not that Anisimov is any solution either. R ..but by putting green him on the wing he has less complex positioning reads and less ice to cover laterally ...he can concentrate more on playmaker g in the attack and forecheck ...does this change our strategic targeting for the draft?

Suppose we do not get the #1 ...IF it is #2 to we bypass Kako (RW) for who we have ranked 2nd C target after Hughes (though I personally do not want surf Hughes as C anyway) ?

Do we trade do as much as 3 soits to 3rd 4th or 5th selection...knowing we could still draft a Big C solution for 2C in Dach, Cozens or Leason?

I an also not sure where the X factor
Leason really fits now in the rankings ...the 19 yr old may in fact be a 3-5 ranking on a lot of scouts lists based on his clear emergence as a dominating WHL star this season..Late bloomer yes ..but you cannot ignore the size the speed and scoring ability.

He seemed pretty good on face offs too from what I saw in the Canada-Russia Super series he played in in November for the WHL squad..

Anyway not sure if we value potential of younger first time eligible Dach and Cozens over this X factor infusion into the debate ..
He also is a very dangerous guy on the PK due to his shorty threat and his long reach to bust up plays. .

If you had him and Entwhistle out there killing off penalties we might turn that special team around instantly ..Both are very good as PK guys..Both good at face offs. ..

C'mon man. Even if you didn't watch the game it's still easy to figure out that Strome still was the center last night.

A very simple glance at the stats shows you Strome took 11 faceoffs, and Anisimov took 1. One single faceoff for Anisimov.

Reactions: Drumman44 and Giovi

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

imagine if the Penguins took Toews over Jordan Staal at #2...and then we took Staal at #3, do people still think we win those Cups or any Cups with Jordan Staal instead of Toews??? now, we can also say maybe we wouldn't have even taken Staal and went with the guy right after Toews named Backstrom - if that scenario happened, yeah I think we possibly win all 3 Cups with Bakcstrom instead of Toews...but it is amazing how things work out and the guy picked at 2nd overall could have been our guy at #3...wonder how many people think this team still could win with Staal instead of Toews???....sorry Strome, we need to take a break from your appreciation..
for me, there is one key component that is missing in your example. personality or the drive that is or will be missing.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills

Or if St. Louis took Toews and we ended up with Johnson! Eeeeh Gad!
In two years ... Hughes Strome Toews are our top 3 C's !! With Bennett or Wise taking the 4th slot ... niiiice!

Reactions: AmericanDream

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
How has the Dylan Strome reclamation project worked out so far? Always interesting story line when one franchise gives up a slow to develop top pick and they bust out elsewhere in different conditions.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
How has the Dylan Strome reclamation project worked out so far? Always interesting story line when one franchise gives up a slow to develop top pick and they bust out elsewhere in different conditions.

It’s going really well. He fits this team better than Schmaltz did, so far.

He seems like a legit second line center.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The fact that there's an appreciation thread should tell you all you need to know.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
My opinion is that Strome looks like 1st year of Anisimov with better hands in Chicago. He fits with Kane. But he is like 5 years younger so there is definitely a lot room to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad