Dylan Strome Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Pretty sure we've discussed this before, but you do realize the Hawks have $31M in cap space in 2020-2021 and $43M in 2021-2022, right?? And the cap will most certainly jump again with the Seattle expansion...
You do realize we also have re sign our RFAs?

How are we going to replace Crow in 2020? Are we going to re sign Forsling, Strome, Cat, Joker, Perlini, Kahun, Gus, etc.? Are we going to sign Panarin at close to $10mn?

Can we trade Anisimov?

Oil prices might go up ... but leading economic indicators signal a major slowdown in the economy. Be careful predicting how much the Cap jumps. It will move up some ... but not huge amounts UNLESS the NHL can get huge TV contracts. Can they with all the cord cutting going on?

For the 2020-2021 season, we have 8 current players signed at the moment.

They take up $51mn of the projected $80-83mn project salary cap (let's say $81mn).

=> That is 65% of the cap for just Kane, Toews, Seabrook, Keith, Anisimov, Saad, Murphy, and Joker. That's a big amount.

Now let's just take Kane, Toews, Seabrook, Keith, and Saad for the 2020-2021 season. That's a projected 54% of the cap.

This is why I'm concerned. We're going to have to find a lot of young cheap talent without trading some pieces of the core.

Reactions: joshprost99 and LDF

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

How are we going to replace Crow in 2020? Are we going to re sign Forsling, Strome, Cat, Joker, Perlini, Kahun, Gus, etc.? Are we going to sign Panarin at close to $10mn?

Can we trade Anisimov?

Oil prices might go up ... but leading economic indicators signal a major slowdown in the economy. Be careful predicting how much the Cap jumps. It will move up some ... but not huge amounts UNLESS the NHL can get huge TV contracts. Can they with all the cord cutting going on?

They take up $51mn of the projected $80-83mn project salary cap (let's say $81mn).

=> That is 65% of the cap for just Kane, Toews, Seabrook, Keith, Anisimov, Saad, Murphy, and Joker. That's a big amount.

Now let's just take Kane, Toews, Seabrook, Keith, and Saad for the 2020-2021 season. That's a project 54% of the cap.

This is why I'm concerned. We're going to have to find a lot of young cheap talent without trading some pieces of the core.

Sounds a lot like 2010. I won't complain if that's the case. :thumbu:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

Can we trade Anisimov?

Now let's just take Kane, Toews, Seabrook, Keith, and Saad for the 2020-2021 season. That's a projected 54% of the cap.

no offense but the in addition of another yr goes by, there will be salary coming off the books as well. so in theory i will have to give credit to the owners for refusing to accept a loosing team. this is my belief with no proof, so i will accept all the flames.

i can not see the org FO destroy that core without fixing it. so kruger, kunitz will be coming off the books as well. any other trade between now and then, that salary will come off the books.

it is a wait and see.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If he ever adds some explosion to his stride look out...everything is there for him to be a good to great top 9 center on this team for a long time..I already like him more than Schmaltz just for the simple fact he has a functional give a f*** meter...

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
If he ever adds some explosion to his stride look out...everything is there for him to be a good to great top 9 center on this team for a long time..I already like him more than Schmaltz just for the simple fact he has a functional give a **** meter...

And he shoots the f***ing puck. Gee, look what happens, it goes in the net! Whodathunkit?

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
If he ever adds some explosion to his stride look out...everything is there for him to be a good to great top 9 center on this team for a long time..I already like him more than Schmaltz just for the simple fact he has a functional give a **** meter...
Top 9 is putting it lightly. If his skating can get more explosive he's a fantastic 2C.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
Stromme was directly responsible for Kruger's go ahead goal by tying up 2 Pens behind the net and getting the puck free for Martinsen.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
we have seen stretches like this from a lot of players we have had over the years - Schmaltz had stretches of elite play which is why we were fearing he would cost us over $6 mil to keep to start this season...I love what Strome has done, but it has been a few weeks here...let's see how he does in the dog days of Feb...if he is still looking like this we have a potential keeper because unlike Schmaltz, Strome's game isn't predicated on passing and perimeter play...

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I still go by my initial reaction to this trade which is we have ourselves a bonafide 2LC and if I let my imagination and wishful thinking run with it we have a 1LC in about 1 to 2 years ... allowing Toews to step down a notch or two .. once we have Hughes on board as well!

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
we have seen stretches like this from a lot of players we have had over the years - Schmaltz had stretches of elite play which is why we were fearing he would cost us over $6 mil to keep to start this season...I love what Strome has done, but it has been a few weeks here...let's see how he does in the dog days of Feb...if he is still looking like this we have a potential keeper because unlike Schmaltz, Strome's game isn't predicated on passing and perimeter play...

He's also only 21, and has not played a whole lot of pro hockey... I absolutely expect him to struggle in a few months with the grind of a full NHL season. He still needs to mature more physically.

Reactions: _Del_
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad