Dylan Strome Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
It’s an objective criticism of his consistency. GM’s have no problem giving guys like Kane, McDavid, Matthews, Eichel, Marner, etc...franchise-caliber contracts because they’ve been consistently excellent since day 1.

Tippet did a lot of damage down there in Arizona but the fact of the matter is that Strome has only been putting up numbers like this for 30ish games and only here in Chicago. His consistency is still a question.

Granted, I think he’s the real deal and wouldn’t be at all mad with Bowman giving him a big contract. All I’m saying is that due to his play in Arizona, he might not be able to command the type of contract that a Marner would.
Marner is going to get 11, if Strome puts up 90+ in 2020 he's probably in the 9-10.5 range.

Reactions: LDF

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It’s an objective criticism of his consistency. GM’s have no problem giving guys like Kane, McDavid, Matthews, Eichel, Marner, etc...franchise-caliber contracts because they’ve been consistently excellent since day 1.

Tippet did a lot of damage down there in Arizona but the fact of the matter is that Strome has only been putting up numbers like this for 30ish games and only here in Chicago. His consistency is still a question.

Granted, I think he’s the real deal and wouldn’t be at all mad with Bowman giving him a big contract. All I’m saying is that due to his play in Arizona, he might not be able to command the type of contract that a Marner would.

I would. A good 30 games isn't enough to warrant 7x8m or 6x8m, IMO.

Marner is going to get 11, if Strome puts up 90+ in 2020 he's probably in the 9-10.5 range.

Marner will come in around 9.5-10m, though I think he's probably worth about 8m or 8.5m.
There's not a chance in hell Marner gets 11m, IMO. He has never even broken 70 points or even 30 goals.

Last edited:
Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

I get what you’re saying, but if he finishes out this year playing like this, and plays next season the same way, his Arizona days will be written off as a shitty franchise holding him back.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Sorry to have to be an ass, but your reading comprehension is bad.

Not really, if you did not mean to be using being picked 3rd overall as a qualifier then you should not have put it in there. Also his numbers in juniors mean nothing. You can/should use his AHL numbers as a factor but you have you be very careful when doing so.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I would try and sign him now. See if you can get him for 5 years at a much cheaper rate that if he has a blow up season next year. This would be a big risk but if you can get Strome at 5X4-5 then you need to consider it. There is some risk with it but I think it would be a calculated one.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I would try and sign him now. See if you can get him for 5 years at a much cheaper rate that if he has a blow up season next year. This would be a big risk but if you can get Strome at 5X4-5 then you need to consider it. There is some risk with it but I think it would be a calculated one.

This is the same opinion I shared above, though I didn't have as much term on it. I'd be ok with 5x4m or 5x5m right now.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I'd love to be wrong about this, but I would wager Strome never hits 90 pts in a season, much less next season.

Could be the case, but we probably have a warped view of point totals given how bad the PP has been over the years. We all knew Kane was a 100 point talent even when he was coming in at the 70-80 range. A first rate PP adds a lot to everyone’s point totals.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

You don’t even bring up an idea like that at the risk of insulting him and his agent.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You don’t even bring up an idea like that at the tisk of insulting him and his agent.
:huh:

He has a solid 30 games with this organization, and that's it. Why would it insult him or his agent to offer him 5x5m?? I could see him being insulted if he has 2 years of production at near a ppg, but 30 games? Come on.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
You don’t even bring up an idea like that at the risk of insulting him and his agent.

He's got 46 pts in 80 NHL games and he's going to be insulted at that offer? Come on man.

Tuevo signed a month ago for essentially that contract, 5 x 5.4 and has (including the games since signing) 199 pts in 334 games. Not to mention a cup and playoff experience.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

What? 20-25 million dollars for limited production is far from an insult. Strome seems really happy here and you would think he wants to stay based on how he has talked to the media. 5x5 gets him to UFA status and age 27.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
:huh:

He has a solid 30 games with this organization, and that's it. Why would it insult him or his agent to offer him 5x5m?? I could see him being insulted if he has 2 years of production at near a ppg, but 30 games? Come on.

That’s not an insult, you see if he’ll take it knowing you may need to pay him much more if he truly is breaking out.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
What? 20-25 million dollars for limited production is far from an insult. Strome seems really happy here and you would think he wants to stay based on how he has talked to the media. 5x5 gets him to UFA status and age 27.

Ya, not an insult. If I’m him though, i bet on myself and see how much I can breakout before committing to a longterm deal.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
He's got 46 pts in 80 NHL games and he's going to be insulted at that offer? Come on man.

Tuevo signed a month ago for essentially that contract, 5 x 5.4 and has (including the games since signing) 199 pts in 334 games. Not to mention a cup and playoff experience.

It’s a moot point IMO. I don’t see Strome doing anything but betting on himself unless you come at him with a much bigger deal than that. He has the potential to get elite money. Even if he only scores 50 points next year, he’ll still get that Tuevo deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad