Dylan Strome Appreciation Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandyfalkirk

Jun 18, 2014
Scotland
If the lines stay the same...that 3rd line of Strome, Nylander and Cags is getting manhandled.

Do you try break up 4th line ? Maybe put Nylander on 4th line and move up someone else?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
If the lines stay the same...that 3rd line of Strome, Nylander and Cags is getting manhandled.

Do you try break up 4th line ? Maybe put Nylander on 4th line and move up someone else?

I wouldn’t. You don’t want two lines that you can’t trust, especially against a vegas team that rolls all four

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW

VVV

I wouldn’t. You don’t want two lines that you can’t trust, especially against a vegas team that rolls all four
Bingo. Right now we've seen Lines 1, 2, & 4 work. You don't want to mess with them much, if at all.

If anything, I'd say if Debrincat can't get his head and anus wired together, you swap him and Caligula. Caligula has not looked out-of-place with Kane and Dach, and you also get all of the underachievers on one line and can limit their icetime.

Right now is not the time for JC to try to outcoach the opposition. Stick with what works until it doesn't anymore.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

1. I’m a Hawks fan in Winnipeg and Copp > Lowry. Higher offensive upside and never seems to lose a 50:50 battle. Lowry hasn’t been the same since losing time in 2018 to injury
I wouldn't trade Strome for either, if all that was accompanying them was a 3rd round pick.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011

1. I’m a Hawks fan in Winnipeg and Copp > Lowry. Higher offensive upside and never seems to lose a 50:50 battle. Lowry hasn’t been the same since losing time in 2018 to injury
wasnt aware of that. all iv seen from lowry is a defensive first tough tough center.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
I wouldn't trade Strome for either, if all that was accompanying them was a 3rd round pick.
Value wise I agree, but I’m not sure where Stromes value’s at right now especially since his struggles are well documented on national TV right now during the playoffs.

Reactions: Pertti

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Value wise I agree, but I’m not sure where Stromes value’s at right now especially since his struggles are well documented on national TV right now during the playoffs.
Well, it certainly doesn't help that he is playing with 2 guys who don't score. He needs help on his line, and Nylander and Cagguila aren't the right type of players for him, IMO. He needs to be with Cat, at the very least. But even the Cat isn't scoring these days.

I'm not sure where his value is at either, but it's certainly higher than Copp, a 3rd does nothing to add value to the trade. A GM will see his potential and possibly give up a late 1st or really good prospect for him. I'd rather go that route.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
It’s the morning after last nights game and I’m still just as pissed as I was last night watching Strome dog it all night.

Reactions: tgh

tgh

Dec 19, 2019
It’s the morning after last nights game and I’m still just as pissed as I was last night watching Strome dog it all night.

Agree, after losing his second line job to Dach, I thought he would have been a decent third line centre. But watching him since the return, has made me sick.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Agree, after losing his second line job to Dach, I thought he would have been a decent third line centre. But watching him since the return, has made me sick.

Gave him the benefit of the doubt with his ankle injury. He had months to recover so no excuses anymore.

I don’t know how his skating for someone of his age could be THAT bad.

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
Stan should play hard ball with him being a RFA and playing like shit. 2x2M. This is a great opportunity to save some cash.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Goes for Nylander then too.
I have no issues there. I've liked Nylander about 10% of the time, and was meh to mad at him the other 90% of the season.

It is early enough with him that I'd give him another shot, but unless something changes with him, he won't be missed if moved.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad