Dylan Strome Appreciation Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Remember when I said Strome has to be in the lineup because he’s one of our 12 best forwards?

I was wrong. He’s not. And I could care less if he never plays another game for the Hawks. Bench his ass. ASAP

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Stan should play hard ball with him being a RFA and playing like shit. 2x2M. This is a great opportunity to save some cash.

Do you think the Strome you are seeing on the ice now is worth 2M? The team has to be built with the thought in mind that each player has to have a role or have some kind of a positive impact on the team, even if he is paid $0 there is no point in having him on the ice as he is still occupying a valuable spot and doing nothing with it. Now if you think he will improve his play that’s a different story, I don’t think Strome is gonna improve IMO but who knows.

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
Strome will get traded in off season .I won't be surprised if Strome gets traded to the NY Rangers.They need help at center

tgh

Dec 19, 2019
Disappointed in the first round pick, thought we were getting a steal from Arizona, now we know why they traded him.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
The kid needs to mature. He's softer than baby shit and slower than Lehner on one skate blade.

He'll have a place in the NHL as a 2C, but not til he grows a sack. He reminds me of an undeveloped 14 year old kid playing on a varsity basketball team because they need to fill the spot. He's talented, but only against boys, not men.

Trade him now and move on.

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
Do you think the Strome you are seeing on the ice now is worth 2M? The team has to be built with the thought in mind that each player has to have a role or have some kind of a positive impact on the team, even if he is paid $0 there is no point in having him on the ice as he is still occupying a valuable spot and doing nothing with it. Now if you think he will improve his play that’s a different story, I don’t think Strome is gonna improve IMO but who knows.
Let’s not be silly. His play is underwhelming right now but he is easily worth 2M. The Hawks would be taking advantage of their position of strength in the negotiation by signing him for 2M and making out like bandits.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Let’s not be silly. His play is underwhelming right now but he is easily worth 2M. The Hawks would be taking advantage of their position of strength in the negotiation by signing him for 2M and making out like bandits.

What bandits he doesn’t produce anything

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Hockey bandits.

We go back the question of what is Strome worth in the playoffs, even Musto is saying replace him with someone who can do something, last time I checked Strome is making less than a million and we are all complaining, what makes you think things will be better when he is making 2 million and eating more cap while doing absolutely nothing come playoff time when the game gets fast and intensity is high? At some point we have to let go and realize he is what he is a bust.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
My position is the same as the day the trade was made.

He's simply too slow to be an impact player in the modern NHL.

Nylander isn't any good either, but at least he can move. If you put him on a 3rd line bum-slayer role, he could at least be Stalberg. Is that worth trading Joker? lol no. It was a bad trade. But at least he's usable.

Strome is too slow to keep up on offense and certainly do slow to be good defensively. He'll be a AAAA player for the rest of his career, or however long GMs are arrogant enough to think they can 'fix' him.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I take back everything I previously said....
One game that we almost won does not make up for all the times he’s been completely useless to down right awful.

Don’t get distracted by that, it’s how teams get mired in mediocrity. Always pointing towards potential instead of seeing what’s actually happening on the ice.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Strome has hit what... 2 or 3 posts in the playoffs? The only weird thing about him is 0 assists. But he has far from the main problem in that forward group (I'm looking at you Nylander).

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
One game that we almost won does not make up for all the times he’s been completely useless to down right awful.

Don’t get distracted by that, it’s how teams get mired in mediocrity. Always pointing towards potential instead of seeing what’s actually happening on the ice.
I was partially being sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad