Prospect Info: Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall, Lethbridge (WHL) --- Signed to ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Risto was rated top 10. Nylander was ranked top 10. Half the board wants to trade them. Grigorenko was ranked top 10. Just because a player was highly touted doesn't mean they are a sure thing

Reactions: Eichel9

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
I've seen him play probably around 20-25 times... he does not have excellent hands.
So do you like the pick? My favorite was Krebs just a preference but i like the pick.Its not like we went off the board.These our young kids will see over the next few years how he develops.

Reactions: coastal

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
And yet when talking about him, these same scouts talked about a lot more than his size, so your comment isn’t logical for that part of it.

I can understand maybe thinking another player might be slightly better, but the level of angst by some in this thread is mind boggling.
I don’t really see angst so much as lack of excitement. But hey, I’m not trying to rain on anybody’s parade, and obviously I hope I’m wrong.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
So do you like the pick? My favorite was Krebs just a preference but i like the pick.Its not like we went off the board.These our young kids will see over the next few years how he develops.

I would've preferred, in order: Krebs (4), Zegras(6), Caufield(8), Boldy(9), Newhook(10).... I had Cozens at 11.

Reactions: Goathead

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I don’t really see angst so much as lack of excitement. But hey, I’m not trying to rain on anybody’s parade, and obviously I hope I’m wrong.

I didn’t necessarily mean to single you out with that comment, but there has been an undue amount of angst over the pick, at least in my opinion.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I've seen him play probably around 20-25 times... he does not have excellent hands.

I'm not at that many -- five or six dub games and then the U18's so around a dozen.

He was the lowest guy I had at that spot based on the potential guys, but that was personal preference. Let's see what he can do.

Last edited:

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
I would've preferred, in order: Krebs (4), Zegras(6), Caufield(8), Boldy(9), Newhook(10).... I had Cozens at 11.
Krebs,Zegras,Cozens,Boldy,Caufield.Newhook i only saw once but was definitely intrigued.Who do you see at 31 as it stands right now?

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
He’s a big fast guy with a good shot who can score, but won’t make a lot of fancy finesse plays.

That seems to be the gist I’m getting from all the professional evaluations.

What’s not to like about that? I’m not getting all the angst. The Sabres need more guys fitting that description.

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
This narrative about no skill is way off. I worry about his passing but the kid has hands and a great shot to go with his size and speed.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I'm not at that many -- five or six dub games WHL and then the U18's so around a dozen.

He was the lowest guy I had at that spot based on the potential guys, but that was personal preference. Let's see what he can do.

Anyone who can skate like he does, at his size... is going to have a good chance to make it.

I had him 11th... because the hockey IQ/Puck skill doesn't match the skating and athleticism.

I've made the same Jeff Carter comparison's as a hopeful outcome... and I could even go as high as being a poor man's Draisaitl for Eichel. Or he might just be a better skating Boone Jenner... or he might be the Dal Colle of this draft....

God i hope it works... but I feel a lot like I did when we took Nylander. Im hopeful... but we passed on hockey IQ for athletics again.

There were multiple better choices IMO. Hope it works out.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
He can carry the puck with speed and make guys miss by protecting it.

But if he has to make a quick decision, or stick handle through people, he struggles.

Reactions: Chainshot

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Krebs,Zegras,Cozens,Boldy,Caufield.Newhook i only saw once but was definitely intrigued.Who do you see at 31 as it stands right now?

Tomasino and Hoglander would be steals right now IMO

My best remaining:
413Phillip TomasinoC
414Nils HoglanderW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
416Arthur KaliyevW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
420Raphael LavoieC
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
422Jakob PelletierW
423Patrik PuistolaW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
425Ryan SuzukiC
426Robert MastrosimoneW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
the following tier:
528Matthew RobertsonD
529John BeecherC
530Jamieson ReesC
531Bobby BrinkW
532Connor McMichaelC
533Brett LeasonW
534Tobias BjornfotD
535Ryan JohnsonD
536Nick RobertsonW
538Brayden TraceyW
539Egor AfanasyevW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Tage Jack Cozens will be fun 1st line

Kind of replicates skills at this point.

He can carry the puck with speed and make guys miss by protecting it.

But if he has to make a quick decision, or stick handle through people, he struggles.

Which is part of the concern as he moves up a level and people will be forcing him to make quicker decisions and he will have less of a physical advantage to leverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad