Prospect Info: Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall, Lethbridge (WHL) --- Signed to ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Everyone is saying we need to get bigger and tougher. We draft a big tough guy and everybody hates it. (Obviously I'm exaggerating when I say everybody, but you get the idea.) He sounds like exactly the type of player we need.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Tomasino and Hoglander would be steals right now IMO

My best remaining:
413Phillip TomasinoC
414Nils HoglanderW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
416Arthur KaliyevW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
420Raphael LavoieC
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
422Jakob PelletierW
423Patrik PuistolaW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
425Ryan SuzukiC
426Robert MastrosimoneW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
the following tier:
528Matthew RobertsonD
529John BeecherC
530Jamieson ReesC
531Bobby BrinkW
532Connor McMichaelC
533Brett LeasonW
534Tobias BjornfotD
535Ryan JohnsonD
536Nick RobertsonW
538Brayden TraceyW
539Egor AfanasyevW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Agree we should get a nice pick unless Botterill does something stupid.Would love Tomasimo ,Savoie,Kaliyev,or Pelletier

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Didn't follow this class at all. Our thread had me more worried about him than most potential picks, but given my lack of knowledge I was never gonna be too psyched or upset at #7. It seems like some have really been exaggerating their opinions on players considered to be very close.

Talk about lacking hockey IQ definitely concerns me. Everything else seems pretty good. I'm not thrilled with the pick but am happy to see how it turns out.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I have not posted the Black Book scouting quotes about him yet. Don't want to make any more agitation.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Cozens looks tall, but not "big". He's kind of lanky and thinly built.

Hopefully it's just a case of not having time to grow into his body yet. He needs to put on 30 pounds.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Stop comparing Cozens to Tage Thompson. That is absolutely ridiculous.

Most of you are way off base on Cozens in general, but this is insane.
You're assuming that the only comparisons are because of size but there are some similarities

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
You're assuming that the only comparisons are because of size but there are some similarities

Such as....?

I mean, I am of the mind that you can compare anything - that's the point of comparisons. Tage Thompson is just inapposite in this case.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Such as....?

I mean, I am of the mind that you can compare anything - that's the point of comparisons. Tage Thompson is just inapposite in this case.

They both hustle and can be disruptive on the forecheck. They both can protect the puck and move up ice with speed. They both struggle when under pressure, I said it before.

I still think Tage has potential, and cozens does too. But maybe not the top 6 center we'd hope for when picking 7th.

• Love
Reactions: GOALOFSSON

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
There’s so much hyperbole come draft day. Cozens is a skilled 6-3 bean pole centre who can skate and has a motor. Even if he’s not a star that’s a big piece to helping a team win.

This isn’t Lawson f***ing manchild Crouse

Reactions: N.Y. Orangeman

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
The misconception that just because one is physically gifted, they lack IQ.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
His skating excited the hell out of me. His size/speed/try hard combo makes me think of Evander. Analytics apparently like him, though I have some toolbox concerns. Hope it works out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad