Prospect Info: Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall, Lethbridge (WHL) --- Signed to ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
The workhorse from Whitehorse is having another strong game.

We've got a giraffe.

Now we've got the workhorse.

stickers-white-horse-runs-gallop-in-winter.jpg.jpg

Genny Screamer

Jul 11, 2017
Buffalo, NY
How many of you would trade Cozens for Lafreniere? I don't think I would? Lafreniere is highly skilled, but Cozens is such a complete package of size, speed, hockey IQ, character, etc. Plus, he plays the all important center position. On most teams he would be looked at as future #1 center, but we have Eichel. Cozens has shouldered so much pressure on almost every team he has been on, but with the Sabres he just has to fit in. Although the Sabres have had their share of adversity over the years Cozens actually comes into a great situation with the Sabres since he can learn from the likes of Eichel, Staal, Reinhart, Skinner, etc. It's almost like the Sabres had the #1 pick again in the NHL draft.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
How many of you would trade Cozens for Lafreniere? I don't think I would? Lafreniere is highly skilled, but Cozens is such a complete package of size, speed, hockey IQ, character, etc. Plus, he plays the all important center position. On most teams he would be looked at as future #1 center, but we have Eichel. Cozens has shouldered so much pressure on almost every team he has been on, but with the Sabres he just has to fit in. Although the Sabres have had their share of adversity over the years Cozens actually comes into a great situation with the Sabres since he can learn from the likes of Eichel, Staal, Reinhart, Skinner, etc. It's almost like the Sabres had the #1 pick again in the NHL draft.

Cozens has been more effective at wing, he may not end up being a center.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I would trade Cozens for Zegras. . :sarcasm:

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC

I’m all for getting carried away, but, let’s not get too carried away.

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
I wouldn’t. Cozens will be a playoff beast with the way he plays.
Zegras looks like he is playing for the Globetrotters half the time with spin pass attempts and lacrosse style goal attempts. Great player with high skill but I think Buffalo needs what Cozens brings a lot more.

Yeah honestly we have the high end skill Zegras types. We need what cozens can bring.

Reactions: joshjull

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
I liked what Cozens did in the tournament. I like Cozens. It doesn’t change my mind that Zegras was the pick. I like what Johnson did in the tournament. I like Johnson. It doesn’t change my mind that Hoglander or Brink were the pick. You can have complex thoughts about things.
Agreed.Cozens was always my pick and I feel good about that pick although Zegras is a hell of a player.Johnson has really impressed me although I wanted a forward with that pick ,all good though happy with our picks

Reactions: truthbluth

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I liked what Cozens did in the tournament. I like Cozens. It doesn’t change my mind that Zegras was the pick. I like what Johnson did in the tournament. I like Johnson. It doesn’t change my mind that Hoglander or Brink were the pick. You can have complex thoughts about things.
I thought Zegras looked fantastic at the WJC but I also believe Dylan's game will translate better to the NHL from a size, compete and speed perspective. Zegras is insanely skilled and will definitely help the Ducks PP. Having said that, Cozens definitely needs to work on his puck skills as that will absolutely keep him from ever playing 2C.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I thought Zegras looked fantastic at the WJC but I also believe Dylan's game will translate better to the NHL from a size, compete and speed perspective. Zegras is insanely skilled and will definitely help the Ducks PP. Having said that, Cozens definitely needs to work on his puck skills as that will absolutely keep him from ever playing 2C.
I don't understand this narrative. There have been plenty of centers in the NHL who didn't have top end puck skills and were able to be effective players. Joe Thornton is one of the best playmakers of all time and he doesn't exactly have elite puck skills. He uses his frame and reach to buy time and find the open man. Dylan just played center for 7 games in a best on best tournament for his age group and looked fantastic. Yes, shut down by the US team but they just played better all around than Canada, can't blame Cozens for that. If we were to watch the Team Canada practices I would be willing to bet he's one of the higher end skilled guys on the roster. But when it comes to playing the game he doesn't rely on those skills to play effectively. He uses his frame, his speed and his mind to be effective.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010

Dylan has a high floor for a prospect and will definitely be an NHL player in some capacity. Zegras just has that superstar potential that Cozens doesn’t have.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
I don't understand this narrative. There have been plenty of centers in the NHL who didn't have top end puck skills and were able to be effective players. Joe Thornton is one of the best playmakers of all time and he doesn't exactly have elite puck skills. He uses his frame and reach to buy time and find the open man. Dylan just played center for 7 games in a best on best tournament for his age group and looked fantastic. Yes, shut down by the US team but they just played better all around than Canada, can't blame Cozens for that. If we were to watch the Team Canada practices I would be willing to bet he's one of the higher end skilled guys on the roster. But when it comes to playing the game he doesn't rely on those skills to play effectively. He uses his frame, his speed and his mind to be effective.

No, he didn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad