Prospect Info: Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall, Lethbridge (WHL) --- Signed to ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I really hope Cozens just goes beast mode all year, is a leading scorer in the WJC and can go on a memorial cup run. If Cozens does hit near 2 ppg the entire year then he almost surely will be in the running for one of the best prospects in the entire league. That is the one thing Sam didn't do is light up the Dub when he was sent back. He has turned out more then fine but it would really be swell if Cozens tore up the league. I really wish he had gotten a handful of games but oh well now we have something to really look forward to next year. Hopefully this lights a fire under Mitts behind, the long term 2C spot may not be his long term.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Just looking through the picks looks like we haven't had a top guy go back in a while other than sam. I don't think i'm going to open this thread too frequently because the small sample size can drive you insane. Remember cliff pu's season start a few years ago?

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Just looking through the picks looks like we haven't had a top guy go back in a while other than sam. I don't think i'm going to open this thread too frequently because the small sample size can drive you insane. Remember cliff pu's season start a few years ago?
2014 - Reinhart - Back to WHL
2015 - Eichel - Stuck in the NHL
2016 - Nylander - Demoted to the AHL
2017 - Mittelstadt - Went to NCAA
2018 - Dahlin - Stuck in the NHL
2019 - Cozens - Back to WHL

Only two guys in that stretch of six years worth of first rounders stayed with the big club. And they were a #1 overall and a #2 overall, it's more unusual for guys taken in those spots *not* to stick.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
2014 - Reinhart - Back to WHL
2015 - Eichel - Stuck in the NHL
2016 - Nylander - Demoted to the AHL
2017 - Mittelstadt - Went to NCAA
2018 - Dahlin - Stuck in the NHL
2019 - Cozens - Back to WHL

Only two guys in that stretch of six years worth of first rounders stayed with the big club. And they were a #1 overall and a #2 overall, it's more unusual for guys taken in those spots *not* to stick.

I think he means back to their junior club. Cozens is the first in quite a while.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
I really hope Cozens just goes beast mode all year, is a leading scorer in the WJC and can go on a memorial cup run. If Cozens does hit near 2 ppg the entire year then he almost surely will be in the running for one of the best prospects in the entire league. That is the one thing Sam didn't do is light up the Dub when he was sent back. He has turned out more then fine but it would really be swell if Cozens tore up the league. I really wish he had gotten a handful of games but oh well now we have something to really look forward to next year. Hopefully this lights a fire under Mitts behind, the long term 2C spot may not be his long term.
offence wasn't the problem with sam pretty sure TM Told him to bulk up and focus more on his defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad