Prospect Info: Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall, Lethbridge (WHL) --- Signed to ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
He looked better than Mitts. I'm glad that they chose him in the draft, although I was originally for Zegras.
He didn't really. He had a few great drives to the net and bursts of speed, but he was lost in his own zone and took a lot of bad angles both on the forecheck and backcheck. These are minor problems, ones that he can work on in junior. He has the tools, let's let him find his toolbox.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
He didn't really. He had a few great drives to the net and bursts of speed, but he was lost in his own zone and took a lot of bad angles both on the forecheck and backcheck. These are minor problems, ones that he can work on in junior. He has the tools, let's let him find his toolbox.
I didn't see any reason to keep him up even for 9 games either. He's not there yet, but the skills and ability are obviously present. He just needs some more experience, and he'll get that.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I would play more the Sobotka role...

You'd play over in the Czech Republic?

Maybe one rule is everyone if they have one should wear a Sabres jersey of someone no longer on the team, and the more obscure the better. Amerks jerseys are OK too. I can only imagine your sweater collection... :D

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Oh boy - well I don't want to volunteer to set one up but maybe next summer when ice time is cheaper and easier to get? It would be a blast for sure. I would 100% play in one of those.
How many guys actually play who post on here? I'm guessing like 50%?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You'd play over in the Czech Republic?

Maybe one rule is everyone if they have one should wear a Sabres jersey of someone no longer on the team, and the more obscure the better. Amerks jerseys are OK too. I can only imagine your sweater collection... :D
Can anyone top a Mike Card Amerks jersey?

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
I'd love to have a HFBoard Buffalo Ice Hockey Game where all the posters play and then we all watch the video after and critique each other's play like we do with the Sabres.
Half the guys would get caved in in the dressing room before you even hit the ice:D It would be fun to watch the video so we could meltdown and pull advanced stats out of are backside to defend our rage filled tempertantrums about the game!:laugh:

It was the right move to send Cozens back. He didn't need the 9 games. Hopefully a big year in the Dub and a chance at the WJC helps his development. He could afford to fill out a little bit as well.

Reactions: Dingo44 and DJN21

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
There wouldn't be any video of me to scout out. I played when VCR tapes existed, and any of those tapes are long since faded. There is one ice rink in my area, but it stinks like a carbon monoxide suicide attempt, and I haven't skated in years. Let's try deck hockey. I will play the role of a 3rd pair D-man, checking C, or the healthy scratch if there is more beer in the press box.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I'd love to have a HFBoard Buffalo Ice Hockey Game where all the posters play and then we all watch the video after and critique each other's play like we do with the Sabres.
We'd never make it through a game because we'd be to busy critiquing each other in real time. :laugh:

This is the least surprising bit of news but i am glad that they are being smart about Cozens' development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad