Prospect Info: Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall, Lethbridge (WHL) --- Signed to ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Total loser!!!

Would love to see him join up at the end of the year for a playoff run if the Sabres make it. What a jump start he could be if he is ready.

I think I would rather see him traded to Kelowna who are hosting the Memorial Cup and have a long productive season in junior. A lot of people think it is a real possibility too since Lethbridge is not a strong team and Cozens would bring a lot back.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I think I would rather see him traded to Kelowna who are hosting the Memorial Cup and have a long productive season in junior. A lot of people think it is a real possibility too since Lethbridge is not a strong team and Cozens would bring a lot back.

I got no problem with that. I'd love to see the organization let the young bloods develop in their league.

But I suspect by the end of the year, mid season form and a little bit of development, he could play at nhl speed on the wing with a limited game, speed on the wing and shoot. And be a net positive over some of the other options.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Is it too soon to be glad we didn't win the lottery and draft Jack Hughes?

It isn't. The Kakko vs Hughes debate will be forever burnt into my mind. Hughes was the sexy pick. Kakko was the smart pick.

To be fair to Hughes though, while there are shades of Mittelstadt in getting dominated physically, the Devils are faaaaaaaaaaaar more of a trash team than I would've guessed.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Will he be the #1 centre for Canada at the WJC? Or will that likely be Dach if he doesn't stick around in Chicago?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
If you want to get excited about Cozens try to find a clip of the goal he just scored.

And remember that play when other fans question his skill.

Reactions: Dingo44

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
If you want to get excited about Cozens try to find a clip of the goal he just scored.

And remember that play when other fans question his skill.

The idea we have this talent -- and not 19 until Feb.2020 -- sitting in junior is really speaking to depth now. Think about teams that have traded firsts or who have more long shots to NHL. This guy is high % to be a top 6.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Not trying to bring too much negativity but it's a pet peeve of mine when a highlight reel goal is used to "prove" skill.

In the nhl pretty much everyone has the ability to make skilled moves, it's a matter of how consistent and effective they are

Reactions: Snippit

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Not trying to bring too much negativity but it's a pet peeve of mine when a highlight reel goal is used to "prove" skill.

In the nhl pretty much everyone has the ability to make skilled moves, it's a matter of how consistent and effective they are

Jesus it was a nice goal that the guy scored out of nothing I thought Sabres fans might want to see it since he is a Sabres pick and a lot of losers from other teams have been trashing Cozens for no reason.

If a highlight reel goal doesn't do it for you watch him play consistently and the skill will be more than apparent.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Jesus it was a nice goal that the guy scored out of nothing I thought Sabres fans might want to see it since he is a Sabres pick and a lot of losers from other teams have been trashing Cozens for no reason.

If a highlight reel goal doesn't do it for you watch him play consistently and the skill will be more than apparent.
Updates and highlights are always appreciated. Thanks for the post. How has his 200 foot game looked? He seemed to have good d instincts in rookie camp and tourney, but was a bit overwhelmed when preseason started. If he can pick that up, he will be in blue and gold soon. Again thanks for the updates.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Updates and highlights are always appreciated. Thanks for the post. How has his 200 foot game looked? He seemed to have good d instincts in rookie camp and tourney, but was a bit overwhelmed when preseason started. If he can pick that up, he will be in blue and gold soon. Again thanks for the updates.

His 200 ft game overall is good but I wonder how much that is because of how much better he is versus being a part of his game that he can transfer to the NHL. He is so much stronger on his skates and such a great skater that he is able to get back and take the puck from guys fairly easy. He is used on the PK here as well and does well. This isn't meant to be a criticism just that it is hard to judge him on that aspect when things come easy for him. The good news is that he takes it seriously. I have seen guys in similar situations when they get back to the league sometimes coast in their own zone and he definitely is not doing that at all. He puts in a full effort all over the ice and makes sure he is doing his part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad