Rumor: Dumba: Several teams interested, part 2

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
A + would be great, but the only real important part of that trade would be Guerin knowing that Danault would re-sign, and that he would do it at a decent number.

You probably won't like my answer because I think Wild fans covet #9. However we hired Brackett because he knows how to draft very well. Let's get him more picks.

Dumba

For

Danault

Let Brackett go to work!!!

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You probably won't like my answer because I think Wild fans covet #9. However we hired Brackett because he knows how to draft very well. Let's get him more picks.

Dumba

For

Danault

why? Dumba straight up for Danault is fair at worst, if anything Montreal adds. Swapping 9 for 16 is worth quite a bit more than 47.

Dumba for Danault and 47 is much closer than this. Maybe Minnesota throws a 4th or 5th back the other way.

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018

Dumba

For

Danault

Unless you adding kk and suz that is a no.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
A + would be great, but the only real important part of that trade would be Guerin knowing that Danault would re-sign, and that he would do it at a decent number.
The trade would have to be with an agreement from Danault that the Wild would be happy with.
Unsigned he's not worth near that.

Reactions: 2Pair

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You acquire a younger and superior player for an older and inferior one. Positional need is something you worry about later when you have the opportunity to do so.

Or we could keep Dumba and still worry about positional need later when we have the opportunity to do so?

If Dumba rebounds to his 45+ point self from the prior two years, he's worth quite a bit more than Ehlers.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Or we could keep Dumba and still worry about positional need later when we have the opportunity to do so?

If Dumba rebounds to his 45+ point self from the prior two years, he's worth quite a bit more than Ehlers.

And if Ehlers gets the ice time he deserves and maintains his scoring rates, he scores 80 points and he’s worth a lot more than Dumba regardless of what Dumba does. We can play this game all day. Ehlers right now is worth a lot more and Ehlers is the safe bet to be worth a lot more going forward. Minnesota would be looking a gift horse in the mouth if that deal were on the table and they declined it.

Last edited:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I think Danault and the 47th for Dumba is something that would be of more interest from the Wild.
This is fair value for Dumba, but the Habs don’t need Dumba. They’d have to move him to a third party.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
And if Ehlers the ice time he deserves and maintains his scoring rates, he scores 80 points and he’s worth a lot more than Dumba regardless of what Dumba does. We can play this game all day. Ehlers right now is worth a lot more and Ehlers is the safe bet to be worth a lot more going forward. Minnesota would be looking a gift horse in the mouth if that deal were on the table and they declined it.

No, we really wouldn't. That's your opinion though, feel free to move on.

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
I think Danault and the 47th for Dumba is something that would be of more interest from the Wild.

Yes, Danault would have to have a nice extension in place for my trade. My value is probably off which happens. I was ok with the trade though because I like Zary and Jarvis more then Lundell

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You acquire a younger and superior player for an older and inferior one. Positional need is something you worry about later when you have the opportunity to do so.
If that trade were available, then it would have to be considered. This conversation is in the context of Dumba for Ehlers though.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Dumba for Gostisbehere. Yay! Nay?

I had watched not even a hand full of Min games, so if I too far with value.. you know.. sorry?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad