Rumor: Dumba: Several teams interested, part 2

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
What's the point of trading Dumba for a LW?

Other than 1 yr to UFA players....

Teams will not trade established 2C that are young and under team control for Dumba who is not a #1Dman.

You have better luck getting a prospect center in their farm systrm who wasn’t a top 15 pick or future picks.

You have a better shot getting a very good winger.

Focus on drafting centers.

If you have a bunch of very good wingers you could wait for a team who has 3 offense center depth and acquire one with strength you have elsewhere.

Look at New Jersey and acwuire Zacha. They just drafted Hischer and Hughes.

LA is in a similar situation where they have drafted at 2 this year, but took centers in the last two drafts in billiard I and turcotte .

Other teams might be in similar situations

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Trading Dumba would be a dumb move by the Wild.
I agree, that after his down year and leading into the expansion draft, I think his value is hurt a bit. I think if he bounces back this year and we wait until after expansion, the return could be better.

That said, with teams bidding, who knows, his value might be better than expected. Bidding wars can inflate prices.

We'll have to see how it plays out.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
How the hell would I know... I’m not a freakin GM... none of us are. Ultimately this is all for fun for us, or should be, but some take it far to seriously like they have some clue as to what will or should happen.
Than why post about a players trade value if you have no clue?

Big time doubt.
On top of everything that same poster claimed he had no clue on what Ehlers could return.

What's the point of trading Dumba for a LW?
To trade that same LW for a C like maybe Danault.

Last edited by a moderator:

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Right... so anyways...

all this thread has proven is that maybe wild should just keep dumba as any “reasonable” offer has been shot down.
RNH isn't a center anymore (because he's not good at the position) so I don't understand why you're trying to force that as a "reasonable" offer.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
RNH isn't a center anymore (because he's not good at the position) so I don't understand why you're trying to force that as a "reasonable" offer.
Main reason he’s playing wing is because oil is so thin there... otherwise he’d be their 3rd C which doesn’t make sense for his skill set. I don’t think it’s a bad base for a trade. Just my opinion. And for record I am a fan of neither team.

With that said, why doesn’t wild just keep and protect 4 D (expansion draft)?

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
With that said, why doesn’t wild just keep and protect 4 D (expansion draft)?

That would be the plan as currently constructed. Dumba is a significantly better player/asset over the likes of Greenway/Kunin/Donato at this point in their careers.

However, this team needs to find some type of other option up the middle right now, even just for next year. If that isn’t added via a Dumba trade and it’s done via a trade with another player/picks/prospect or UFA it gets a little trickier. They would then need to expose whoever that hypothetical player is or JEE. While Dumba still may be better in that scenario, given the positional strengths of the organization it starts to not be as automatic.

From this Wild fan’s perspective, if there isn’t any names out there that aren’t being mentioned to the level others are, I add someone like Haula on a cheap deal and go into the year expecting to do 4+4. Assume Dumba will start to work his way back to where he was trending and rebuild his value. If a trade makes sense at the deadline or before expansion to get the type center they are after, pull the trigger. If not, go 4+4. After the expansion draft has taken place, teams no longer need to concern themselves with protection slots so that removes that potential problem for some teams who could be interested. At that point, Dumba either improves his stock or his value stays relatively constant. At the end of the day, a RHD who can shoot like him, has some dynamic ability, and holds his own in the defensive end will never not carry value. So if a trade can be done down the line, so be it.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I dont think Dumba for RNH is really terrible if we are going to force a trade when his value is a little lower than it could be and whats been speculated for centers available.

Throw in pool party and maybe a pick and im hard pressed to say no.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Players like Domi, W Nylander, Boeser (although I’d pass as a Canucks fan), RNH...

Lesser Danault, N Schmaltz, D Strome... would probably want a + added

Cap aside maybe something around Gourde?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Pretty sure lightning don’t have the cap space for that then... would assume they’d prefer to keep their younger cap friendly options and move out Johnson/gourde/Killorn/ palat/mcdonagh types, instead.
It would have to be something like Palat + Cirelli for Greenway + Dumba. Assuming Greenway gets a bridge deal at 2M and Cirelli signs for 6 Tampa saves about 3.5 million against the cap. Not sure if it’s enough of a cap saving time entice them, though.

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
Right... so anyways...

all this thread has proven is that maybe wild should just keep dumba as any “reasonable” offer has been shot down.

Dumba for
1. Something around Danault
2. Something around Monahan
3. Something around Krebs or Glass
4. Something around Frost
5. Something around Cirelli
6. Something around LAs young centers
7. Something around D. Strome

Many Wild fans have been ok with these trades. I can't exactly agree with your comments

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Dumba for
1. Something around Danault
2. Something around Monahan
3. Something around Krebs or Glass
4. Something around Frost
5. Something around Cirelli
6. Something around LAs young centers
7. Something around D. Strome

Many Wild fans have been ok with these trades. I can't exactly agree with your comments
I agree with you on this. That posters ideal of reasonable offer are all out in left field that most Wild fans and many others laugh at.

So what would be the ideal trade involving Danault and Dumba?
What type of + are you willing to live with?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I agree with you on this. That posters ideal of reasonable offer are all out in left field that most Wild fans and many others laugh at.

So what would be the ideal trade involving Danault and Dumba?
What type of + are you willing to live with?
A + would be great, but the only real important part of that trade would be Guerin knowing that Danault would re-sign, and that he would do it at a decent number.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad