Rumor: Dumba: Several teams interested, part 2

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Ehlers is worth more than Dumba...and Danault isn’t even close to value for him.
Danault would be a 3C in Winnipeg, not a 2C, so he’s not even a consideration. (and before the Domi fans start, no Domi isn’t either... I’d take Danault before I took Domi). There’s zero reason to include a Montreal in any trade between Winnipeg and Minny. If we don’t have what they need or want, we can move on to another team.

I'm sorry but Danault isn't the 3c in winnipeg... who would you be aging ahead of him and don't say wheeler because isnt the point of acquiring a 2C to move him back to wing is the position he has played 90%+ of his career.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Ehlers is worth more than Dumba...and Danault isn’t even close to value for him.
Danault would be a 3C in Winnipeg, not a 2C, so he’s not even a consideration. (and before the Domi fans start, no Domi isn’t either... I’d take Danault before I took Domi). There’s zero reason to include a Montreal in any trade between Winnipeg and Minny. If we don’t have what they need or want, we can move on to another team.
Who is the 2c in Winnipeg then?? They have never had one.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
There was a huge reason why the Habs were involved.
The Habs were in because Minny is looking for a C.
A Winger was not a big need for them.
Some claimed that they have interest in Danault and the talk was revolved around Dumba.

Last edited:

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I'm sorry but Danault isn't the 3c in winnipeg... who would you be aging ahead of him and don't say wheeler because isnt the point of acquiring a 2C to move him back to wing is the position he has played 90%+ of his career.
If Danault is the best we can find, I’d rather play Copp and save the trade assets.
Copp would likely bring the same production with Ehlers and a Laine that Danault would.
If we needed a 3C, I’d be all over Danault, but as a 2C he’s not what we need.

Reactions: Snowman

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
If Danault is the best we can find, I’d rather play Copp and save the trade assets.
Copp would likely bring the same production with Ehlers and a Laine that Danault would.
If we needed a 3C, I’d be all over Danault, but as a 2C he’s not what we need.

Okay, cause in your original post you wrote it in a way that the jets had 2C's better than Danault which I found flabbergasting.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
credibility gone.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, WPG and MN fans can agree that an Ehlers and Dumba trade is not desired? Both nice trade chips, but both teams are looking for Centers.

Reactions: BatVader and Nedarb

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
I would take Ehlers for Dumba. Why not?

We aren't getting a top flight C for Dumba. Use one of our 1st next year and Greenway to get a young center with upside

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
What's the point of trading Dumba for a LW?

Everyone talks about Cs having more points because the talent they are playing with.

Shoot, KK and Fiala and Ehlers and Maybe a bounce back from Zucc or Kunin develops more. Have the play drivers on the wings and strong D centers. I dunno, worth a shot over getting an average C for Dumba.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad