Rumor: Dumba: Several teams interested, part 2

goldRIVER

Sep 21, 2017
why? Dumba straight up for Danault is fair at worst, if anything Montreal adds. Swapping 9 for 16 is worth quite a bit more than 47.

Dumba for Danault and 47 is much closer than this. Maybe Minnesota throws a 4th or 5th back the other way.
I think the value is fair 1 for 1. Danault for Dumba. Unfortunately, Montreal doesnt need another RD. Dumba would be playing behind Weber and Petry. We also have a bunch of kids (Juulsen, Fleury, Brooks, Romanov) fighting for that last spot. IMO, I dont think it's a good trade for the habs based on the teams need.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I think the value is fair 1 for 1. Danault for Dumba. Unfortunately, Montreal doesnt need another RD. Dumba would be playing behind Weber and Petry. We also have a bunch of kids (Juulsen, Fleury, Brooks, Romanov) fighting for that last spot. IMO, I dont think it's a good trade for the habs based on the teams need.
Ya this is the issue. That is why there needs to be a 3rd team involved.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
I love reading that Dumba will be "over payed" for.

This guy was drafted by the Wild, you guys do understand that he is going to get traded for someone at value, and over perform to become a star, or severely bite Minnesota in the ass, right?

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Yes, Danault would have to have a nice extension in place for my trade. My value is probably off which happens. I was ok with the trade though because I like Zary and Jarvis more then Lundell

36280c9567df34780f33286ecfdae1bc0874eaf22dfa5dbdef092feeaba8144a.jpg

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Russo seems to think Calgary and Winnipeg have a lot of interest in Dumba. He thinks Minnesota could get Monahan for Dumba but should hold out for “something more” which I found interesting because I personally don’t see much more being available. Friedman thinks the fit makes sense as well. I get the sense Guerin wants to wait for the finals to end to gauge where how Tampa is handling their cap-crunch. Wouldn’t be surprised if he values trying to pry Cirelli.

Reactions: Sota Popinski

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Id be quite happy with Monahan. solid career shooting percentage and yearly faceoff improvement. Monahan next to Fiala and another speedy winger could be quite interesting.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Russo seems to think Calgary and Winnipeg have a lot of interest in Dumba. He thinks Minnesota could get Monahan for Dumba but should hold out for “something more” which I found interesting because I personally don’t see much more being available. Friedman thinks the fit makes sense as well. I get the sense Guerin wants to wait for the finals to end to gauge where how Tampa is handling their cap-crunch. Wouldn’t be surprised if he values trying to pry Cirelli.

Waiting for something more makes sense if he buys into Friedman's comments on Monahan and the concerns about his production without a play driver/maker like Gaudreau.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Waiting for something more makes sense if he buys into Friedman's comments on Monahan and the concerns about his production without a play driver/maker like Gaudreau.
if we do acquire him maybe a Zucc - Monahan - Fiala line works. Fiala driving the play and Zucc playmaking.

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018

Sounds like a young Staal...but faster of course

Last edited:

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Isn’t Dumba 2 years removed from out scoring almost all the centres mentioned in this thread?

I value Monahan more than most in a Calgary so I wouldn’t really do it, but I’d be interested in some trade for him where we ship say Dube + for him. I think he will be a pretty solid 45-55 point Stepan type player in his career in the right environment

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Isn’t Dumba 2 years removed from out scoring almost all the centres mentioned in this thread?

I value Monahan more than most in a Calgary so I wouldn’t really do it, but I’d be interested in some trade for him where we ship say Dube + for him. I think he will be a pretty solid 45-55 point Stepan type player in his career in the right environment

so you want wild to trade dumba for a player who only had 6 goals and 10 assist while playing 45 games On top of that, this player looked to be playing his first only true season in the NHL. A player who was drafted in the 2nd round like 50th overall?

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
so you want wild to trade dumba for a player who only had 6 goals and 10 assist while playing 45 games On top of that, this player looked to be playing his first only true season in the NHL. A player who was drafted in the 2nd round like 50th overall?

I didn’t say straight up. No idea what the plus could be as I don’t know Wilds needs outside of centre. He also got jerked around the lineup a lot and I don’t feel he will be given the right shot here. Didn’t even get to play centre as much as he should. I’d think that a team like Minnesota needs to start pushing for young potential centres over Eric Staals to fill holes, right?

I’ve watched the flames toil in mediocrity for the majority of Iginlas career because they wouldn’t go young. If you’re looking for an Olli Jokinen you’ll be as disappointed as us.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
I didn’t say straight up. No idea what the plus could be as I don’t know Wilds needs outside of centre. He also got jerked around the lineup a lot and I don’t feel he will be given the right shot here. Didn’t even get to play centre as much as he should. I’d think that a team like Minnesota needs to start pushing for young potential centres over Eric Staals to fill holes, right?
You must be on shrooms if you think Dillon Dube as the main piece returns Dumba.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
IMO, Minny fans should insult all bad Dumba trade proposals with the phrase "Dumba 55".

Reactions: ctmagic

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

I’ve watched the flames toil in mediocrity for the majority of Iginlas career because they wouldn’t go young. If you’re looking for an Olli Jokinen you’ll be as disappointed as us.
Monahan is 25, thats hardly chasing another Staal. Meshes will with Fiala who is 24 and Kap at 23 while we have our youth coming in the few years after.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Yes

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Pretty hard to name any other young top six centre who may be available.

Wild should take that and run

Exactly..

Hell even look at the number of top six centres available in free agency this summer... I see absolutely zero. How many top four defenders are available? 5, 10, more??

Minnesota wouldn’t be the team sitting on that offer in this scenario...

Reactions: Menzinger

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Exactly..

Hell even look at the number of top six centres available in free agency this summer... I see absolutely zero. How many top four defenders are available? 5, 10, more??

how many top 4 right shot defenseman under 28?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Exactly..

If Dumba returns to his form from last season and the season prior, virtually all of the names in this thread need significant value added to be worth Dumba.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad