Rumor: Dumba: Several teams interested, part 2

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
To MTL: Hanifin+
To MIN: Danault
To CGY: Dumba

Montreal is owed a 2nd or something similar in value, at least.

Habs get a good LHD to play with one of Weber or Petry. Left side is set with Romanov, Hanifin, Edmondson.

Wild get a dominant 5v5 C who can cover for Fiala & Kaprizov.

Flames get their RHD and a guy who is capable of 30 goals from the blue line.
Where did Chariot go? Not really interested in trading Danault for a redundant D

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
No matter how you cut it danault is bottom of these 3. That’s my personal opinion. Solid middle 6 centre but I personally wouldn’t trade ehlers or dumba straight up for him.
You can list Danault at the bottom of the 3 i think these 3 are closer in value for different reasons.
If your looking for a C that will go against the other teams top line and while in the process of shutting them down he also throws in 50-55 pts you take Danault out of the 3
If your need a a D-man you take Dumba
If it's a Winger your looking for you obviously take Ehlers.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Minnesota is going to offer sheet Barzal. I can feel it.

Then: Dumba/Foligno for the best set of picks and prospects with no cap dump(s).

Kaprizov-Barzal-Fiala
Donato-Johansson-Zuccarello
Parise-Eriksson Ek-Kunin
Greenway-Sturm-Hartman

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Soucy
Hunt-Pateryn

Last edited:

Nedarb

Feb 19, 2019
When one guy is a Selke level center and the other is a one dimensional winger?
I’ll use your words here.. “doesn’t change the fact that being a playoff ghost most certainly effects a players value”. Unless it’s against your view point I see. Also one dimensional? Very interesting take. Could be the first time I’ve seen that said regarding ehlers.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I’ll use your words here.. “doesn’t change the fact that being a playoff ghost most certainly effects a players value”. Unless it’s against your view point I see. Also one dimensional? Very interesting take. Could be the first time I’ve seen that said regarding ehlers.
Well, I guess then if they're both "playoff ghosts" then I will take the guy that's the better two-way player. Or, maybe take the guy that plays the more important position.

Nedarb

Feb 19, 2019
Well, I guess then if they're both "playoff ghosts" then I will take the guy that's the better two-way player. Or, maybe take the guy that plays the more important position.
I would prefer that you did, thanks.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Of course Winnipeg would do it

I'd take Ehlers over Dumba and I'm a Dumba fan and hope my Oilers might be able to snag him. it would likely be for the #14 or perhaps something else but so be it....

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Over 5 years? I guess congratulations are in order for making the playoffs twice..
Are we not talking about THE playoffs and how some players contributed.
Want to try to sneak his peewee stats?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I'd take Ehlers over Dumba and I'm a Dumba fan and hope my Oilers might be able to snag him. it would likely be for the #14 or perhaps something else but so be it....
Just curious, What 1 position do you need to fill the most ?

Nedarb

Feb 19, 2019
Sure, if it helps your case to pump up Danaults stats use whatever league he’s played in. I’ll stick to logic and my “one dimensional player”.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Sure, if it helps your case to pump up Danaults stats use whatever league he’s played in. I’ll stick to logic and my “one dimensional player”.
You think Danault is a one dimensional player?

Please try to explain that one dimensional. We all need a good laugh.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
My one dimensional player.. clearly ehlers.
Well i don't think he's one dimensional. I think he's quite a good winger.
I also believe that Danault is a much better defensive player and that is no knock on Ehlers as i believe that Danault is a lot better defensively then most C's in the league that put up roughly the same amount of pts.

Reactions: Nedarb

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Just curious, What 1 position do you need to fill the most ?

several positions actually. my point with Dumba was the Oilers should get him if they have a chance to as there has been talk of moving Larsson, Russell and Nurse.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Ehlers is worth more than Dumba...and Danault isn’t even close to value for him.
Danault would be a 3C in Winnipeg, not a 2C, so he’s not even a consideration. (and before the Domi fans start, no Domi isn’t either... I’d take Danault before I took Domi). There’s zero reason to include a Montreal in any trade between Winnipeg and Minny. If we don’t have what they need or want, we can move on to another team.

Reactions: Snowman

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
Ehlers is worth more than Dumba...and Danault isn’t even close to value for him.
Danault would be a 3C in Winnipeg, not a 2C, so he’s not even a consideration. (and before the Domi fans start, no Domi isn’t either... I’d take Danault before I took Domi). There’s zero reason to include a Montreal in any trade between Winnipeg and Minny. If we don’t have what they need or want, we can move on to another team.
What makes a winger (Ehlers) worth more?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad