Rumor: Dumba deal in the works... several teams interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Which means whatever decision he makes on Danault, would come before or after the expansion draft? :facepalm:
Obviously before lol. Unless he wants to pull another Subban and trade him just before his new contract starts.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Obviously before lol. Unless he wants to pull another Subban and trade him just before his new contract starts.
So then saying that a Danault/Brodin trade would only make sense if it happened after the expansion draft, actually makes zero sense at all?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Honestly, there isn't a trade between the Canadiens and the Wild for Dumba. Canadiens don't need another right handed defenseman, Minnesota needs quality centers.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
So then saying that a Danault/Brodin trade would only make sense if it happened after the expansion draft, actually makes zero sense at all?
If a trade happened it would only make sense after the expansion draft.
Think, 3 protection slots.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Da
Honestly, there isn't a trade between the Canadiens and the Wild for Dumba. Canadiens don't need another right handed defenseman, Minnesota needs quality centers.
Danault is one of the best defensive centers in the game

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Da

We don't need defensive centers, we need top 6 offensive centers. If they can play defense too that's a cherry on top.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
We don't need defensive centers, we need top 6 offensive centers. If they can play defense too that's a cherry on top.
The whole point of being a center is playing defence. He's a 50 point responsible center. What more do you want?

Reactions: Gravity

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The whole point of being a center is playing defence. He's a 50 point responsible center. What more do you want?
Playing defense is generally a plus for a center, but to say it's the entire point of the position is a bit hyperbolish.

Eric Staal has made a career of being questionable defensively, pretty damn good offensively at center.

The point is, the Wild need someone who could project to maybe a 60+ point center for their top 6.

Koivu has run his course and is a 4th liner, if he continues playing at all. Staal is aging out himself too. I know he scored 65 for us recently, but this past season was a clear step back for him.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

We need more of a Staal type than a Koivu type.

Honestly, Danault is a little too old (27), and hasn't even broken the 15 goal/60 point marker. He's been playing since 2016-2017. Could he still break out? Possibly, but I'd rather package Dumba for someone a bit younger and more offensive.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
"The whole point of being a Center is playing defense..." Mike Yeo, 2014.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
nothing that you would really want from what i can tell, wouldnt give up danault for dumba tbh most id do is like domi and a 2nd

You'd be surprised by how many Wild fans would do that

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would do Domi and a second from a MN perspective, though his play in the post season was a turn off. Not sure what Guerin thinks about the situation, and he would have to have a very good feeling about Domi's signability at a reasonable price before making the deal. A flat cap year is not a great time to be throwing around wads of cash.

Danault might be a better two way player, but Domi is a shade younger, and MN has a really good young defensive C in JEE, and possibly Sturm. Hell, even Koivu might stick around for another year. We need a C who looks for offense, and can play the PP. Not sure if Domi is that guy.

I also think that Danault is a better fit to stay in MTL, to go with their two young C's.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
dont really see the point in you getting this upset...
I'm not at all upset. The Wild need to address their need at center this summer. They also obviously need to decide what they're going to do about their dmen and the expansion draft before the expansion draft happens. For posters to continually say that this trade only makes sense if it happens after the expansion draft is just pure ignorance.

Reactions: Positive Vibes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad