Rumor: Dumba deal in the works... several teams interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Positive Vibes

im just here to argue
Jun 24, 2016
Depths of Hell
I'm not at all upset. The Wild need to address their need at center this summer. They also obviously need to decide what they're going to do about their dmen and the expansion draft before the expansion draft happens. For posters to continually say that this trade only makes sense if it happens after the expansion draft is just pure ignorance.

i dont disagree just came off and kind of aggressive to me idk

Reactions: 2Pair

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You do understand that the only difference between a center and a winger is their ability to play defense?

Why isn't Vegas using Stone at center then? He would no doubt be their best option.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Why isn't Vegas using Stone at center then? He would no doubt be their best option.
Probably because he doesn't have the skating? Maybe they prefer to have him on the wall for their breakouts? Maybe he just doesn't want to play center? There are always a handful of wingers that seem like they could/should be playing center. Marian Hossa had every tool necessary to play center and was a wing his whole career.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Probably because he doesn't have the skating? Maybe they prefer to have him on the wall for their breakouts? Maybe he just doesn't want to play center? There are always a handful of wingers that seem like they could/should be playing center. Marian Hossa had every tool necessary to play center and was a wing his whole career.

So to be clear, defense is not the only difference?

Reactions: fentonsbrainchild

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
don't you want to draft Lundell tho? lol

Yeah I would take him depending on who else is available, but I'm not trading Dumba for him, am I?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No but you say you are looking for a 2C, there will be better option at the draft as BPA.

Sure, there could be. Depends on how the first 8 picks go. A lot of the guys listed as centers don't project to be centers in the NHL though. There's also a handful of guys likely available at 9 come draft day that I would take before Lundell, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Lol, it’s good to dream. I want McDavid, MacKinnon, Hedman all on my team.

There’s no way the Habs ever entertain Suzuki for anyone. Danault? Yeah. Danault for Dumba is something I would entertain. Not Domi, not Suzuki. I wouldn’t trade KK just yet either.

so mcdavid,matthews,draisaitl,pasta,mackinnon...dont get it done lol

I remember pre 2016 overvaluing good players and putting them into a tier they didnt belong just because there was nothing else to do lol

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
Sure, there could be. Depends on how the first 8 picks go. A lot of the guys listed as centers don't project to be centers in the NHL though. There's also a handful of guys likely available at 9 come draft day that I would take before Lundell, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Isn't every team looking for 3 2Cs in reality.

1Cs are like franchise QBs. Once you get one you never let them go. I know, I know, there are outlier examples but in general they stay where they are at.

If we could get 2 50-60 centers and 1 up and comer. I think teams can be competitive with this practice. Especially with wing drivers

Reactions: 2Pair

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

Point as nothing to do with a trade**, just find it odd you say you guys don't need defensive Center and you would be willing to draft Lundell at 9.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Point as nothing to do with that, just find it odd you say you guys don't need defensive Center and you would be willing to draft Lundell at 9.

Team doesn't need RD either but I'd take Drysdale at 9

Reactions: TaLoN

Positive Vibes

im just here to argue
Jun 24, 2016
Depths of Hell

I remember pre 2016 overvaluing good players and putting them into a tier they didnt belong just because there was nothing else to do lol
think its kind of weird for you to respond like that tbh,your naming people that would never be offered up anyway also have you ever seen Suzuki before?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Team doesn't need RD either but I'd take Drysdale at 9

I mean Drysdale at 9 is exellent value and has huge top4 upside and fair complimentary top pairing upside.
Lundell is a good prospect but likely projects as a high end 3C/ very average 2C

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I mean Drysdale at 9 is exellent value and has huge top4 upside and fair complimentary top pairing upside.
Lundell is a good prospect but likely projects as a high end 3C/ very average 2C

A 3C is pretty much his floor.

Like I said, there are a handful of guys that are realistically available at 9 that I would take before him, so I'm really not sure what you're trying to prove.

I make my trades based on what the team needs, I draft based on who the best player available is. This is a trade discussion that you, for some reason, have brought draft philosophy in to.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Point as nothing to do with a trade**, just find it odd you say you guys don't need defensive Center and you would be willing to draft Lundell at 9.
Whomever is drafted at 9 certainly isn't on the team next season, or likely in 2-3 seasons. You don't draft by current need only, you draft by BPA according to your draft board. You only choose by your needs when you need to break ties in BPA on your draft board.

This being a trade discussion though, trades are made based on current team needs. Thus very different basis in how you approach what you're looking for.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016

Lmao. Do you really think one of McDavid/Matthews/Draisaitl/MacKinnon would be offered for Suzuki? Really?! Hey, if you're offering Matthews for Suzuki, since Matthews is on your team, then yeah - let's make that trade ;) You'll save lots of cap (so you could go get Pietrangelo, etc) and get a player who's projected 2C floor and elite 1C ceiling!

I'm saying according to his value/what he could get, there's no chance he would be traded away. Not for what he brings us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad