Rumor: Dumba deal in the works... several teams interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
You'd think Detroit would be interested. Cuz you know basically playing a bunch of AHL talent last year.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
If we’re talking futures deal I’d say he’s a decent amount more valuable than Zucker who returned a 1st + top 6 forward/Top 4 defenseman level prospect. I’m not sure at what value Flyers fans hold Ghost, but we could take his cap back along with Frost and then add to Dumba to get it to work.

Another possible deal could be getting a couple teams like a Vancouver and a Tampa involved.

Vancouver Gets:
Dumba
Greenway

Minnesota Gets:
Cirelli
Demko

Tampa Gets:
Gaudette
Van’s 2021 1st

Not sure how dialed in the values are but in theory: Van gets a young RD with term and a big-power winger that could create a decent power line with Virtanen. Minnesota gets a Goalie to pair with Kahkonen who, by most accounts, has a much higher ceiling than Kahkonen, and a 23yo center who can slide into our top 6. Tampa gets a comparable aged 3C who will require much less salary than Cirelli and will get a 1st to compensate for the difference in player.
This is quite thoughtful 3 team trade that actually attempts to address needs on all 3 teams. Well done. Not sure whether Tampa especially would do this, but can really see the logic.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
He’s going to end up in the leafs because in 2013, i opened a booster box and got the rookie cards of morgan rielly, connor carrick, and jack campbell.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
You'd think Detroit would be interested. Cuz you know basically playing a bunch of AHL talent last year.

It would make more sense if Dumba was a LHD as we (yes, I project myself as a part of the organisation in my fantasy) have Hronek and Seider in the system who are likely the top 4 RHD for the next 10-15 years, but I will not complain if we do get him, I like Dumba a lot, and as you said we need help in the worst way imaginable.

I don't know why Minny would do it for anything less than a deal around Larkin, which I would think is a non-starter for Yzerman, but if they want Veleno++ as a base it could work??

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I don’t think Dumba is as good as you think he is

I don't think he is that good.
In terms of what is available he isn't bad.
He'll be too expensive for vancouver

Quinn Hughes is essentially carrying around the rotting corpse of Chris Tanev at this point.
You got a bunch of mediocre players on the right in UFA who are 30+

Ideally Vancouver should save money and get Dylan Demelo

Reactions: Canuck86

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I don’t think VAN has a top fledge center to give up. Some combination of Gaudette, Stecher, Virtanen, etc. Is all I could really see them offering.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
We don't have a top 6 C to give up. Unless we are moving out Larkin, in which case the main piece coming back wouldn't be Dumba lol. Unless you're desperate enough, like Detroit, to try Fabbri as your 2C next year... in which case I highly doubt Fabbri could bring back Dumba.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
That works better, though I think Minnesota trading a 25 year old with 3 years on his deal for a 27 year old that's 1 year from UFA would mean something else coming their way.
Can always work in picks or prospects to the main course :)

Reactions: Bazeek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad