Rumor: Dumba deal in the works... several teams interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Why? They are short on right shot defenseman and Monahan has proven time and again he's not capable of driving play or producing without Gaudreau.
Yes, we know you hate Monahan but doesn't make sense for the Flames unless Gaudreau is flipped in a trade for a top 6 c or 1st line RW.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
That’s my gut. I know a few Wild fans don’t have the confidence that Guerin could get both of those back at this point. I personally would be fine with 10 + Roslovic

He would definitely make our PP better. Roslo seems to be stuck in perpetually here and the 10OA won’t/shouldn’t be NHL ready for a few years, so the deal would definitely help us now.
My other train of thought was resign DeMelo and trade Pionk and Roslo to Minny. I like Pionk but he just didn’t wow me when push came to shove in the playdown
Go after Leddy for cheap or futures to help the Isles out of their cap hell and roll
JoMo/Dumba
Leddy/DeMelo
Slamberg/Poolman
Niku/Stanley/Kovacevic as call ups

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He would definitely make our PP better. Roslo seems to be stuck in perpetually here and the 10OA won’t/shouldn’t be NHL ready for a few years, so the deal would definitely help us now.
My other train of thought was resign DeMelo and trade Pionk and Roslo to Minny. I like Pionk but he just didn’t wow me when push came to shove in the playdown
Go after Leddy for cheap or futures to help the Isles out of their cap hell and roll
JoMo/Dumba
Leddy/DeMelo
Slamberg/Poolman
Niku/Stanley/Kovacevic as call ups
I don’t know that we go for the 2nd deal. It’s not something I would do but I’ve learned not to speak on Huerin’s behalf. I think Winnipeg is in a really, really good spot with Dumba if the can get a serviceable middle-six C

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yes, we know you hate Monahan but doesn't make sense for the Flames unless Gaudreau is flipped in a trade for a top 6 c or 1st line RW.

What was inaccurate about my post?

Trade Monahan and you still have

Lindholm
Bennett
Backlund
Ryan

As your top 4 Cs.

Bond

May 10, 2012
What was inaccurate about my post?

Trade Monahan and you still have

Lindholm
Bennett
Backlund
Ryan

As your top 4 Cs.
Monahan is still a top 6 forward. So only Backlund and Ryan as experienced NHL centers. Even if Lindholm can play center than you great a huge hole in the forward group.

Gaudreau- Lindholm - ?
Tkachuk - Backlund - ?

More likely it would be Gaudreau - ? - Lindholm on the top line.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Dumba is pretty tough for his size, and last I heard 6' isn't small. The 180 lbs. is probably a stat left over from 5 years ago. I would guess around 190. He tends to go for big blow up hits, and is a decent fighter, though after tearing his pec in the last one he had, I would imagine he is under strict orders not to engage. Horses for courses. He is not a heavyweight or anything, but certainly not afraid of physicality.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Bad plan to move Dumba after a down year... if it's not a legit center coming back, I have my doubts on whether it's worth trading him instead of Brodin.
Dumba was a beast against Van in the playins. Was suprised at is overall game and physicality. Brodin was super solid too, but if I had to choose one it would be Dumba. He was much more dynamic and better offensively while still being good defensively.

But I can understand that contracts play a huge role in these things

Reactions: exporta and TaLoN

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
If you only value Beckman as a B prospect then why ask for him? Then to state the value like it is fact - why bother posting? It really depends on the extension as well, tough to gauge value based on no identified parameters (extension $$? Years?) that are critical in predicting value. If the extension is 5 years @ $3.25 AVV, there wouldn't be a +, if the extension is 8 years @ $7+, then the add better be big.
Yes I only value Beckman has a solid B/B+ prospect for now but that is easily subject to change, he could very soon become one of the top prospects in the world. He had a great D+1 season last year but needs to continue improving. I asked for him because his combination of size and potential goal scoring, if he pans out, is of great value to the Canadiens.

As for Danault, a Danault extension would be negotiated and in place from Min's perspective just as how it was for Vegas and Pacioretty. Danault extended + for Dumba + Beckman certainly seems like a fair deal IMO (not fact) and I believe there is something that could be made to work.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Dumba is good but also a brutal fit with Hughes.

Wouldn’t Dumba’s goal scoring ability/threat open up more room for Hughes and provide him a partner that could convert on his passes. I think Dumba could probably get 15-20 goals if he was paired with Hughes.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Wouldn’t Dumba’s goal scoring ability/threat open up more room for Hughes and provide him a partner that could convert on his passes. I think Dumba could probably get 15-20 goals if he was paired with Hughes.

And what happens in their own end? Neither is a bad defender per say, but neither is elite. Hughes needs a partner like Tanev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad