Dreger: Dumba & Brodin asking price is No.1 Center

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
1.) that thread was taken out of context by twitter randoms

2.) I totally agree that Dumba should be worth more than kerfoot.

but definitely Less than the No 1 c minny fans are expecting.

heck they want a No 1 c for 1 year of Brodin

Erik karlson never got that
NO ONE IS EXPECTING A 1C JFC

Reactions: AKL

member 290103

Sutter is available and could be pried out of Vancouver...and is a legit 2C.

Mar 26, 2010
What teams? And what backfired?
Just Minnesota. They tried to corner the Leafs because they figured that Dubas was desperate and would give them a top tier player.

Instead, they get nothing. They are suck with them.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Sutter is available and could be pried out of Vancouver...and is a legit 2C.

You just tried this 4 pages and 1 day ago and it didn’t work out for you, are you confident this time will be different?

Reactions: Chainshot

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Just Minnesota. They tried to corner the Leafs because they figured that Dubas was desperate and would give them a top tier player.

Instead, they get nothing. They are suck with them.

Source this. I don’t remember anything about this being true.

member 290103

You just tried this 4 pages and 1 day ago and it didn’t work out for you, are you confident this time will be different?

Minny is a more desperate and broken team than they were four pages ago. Sutter can help repair the problems in the room and bring much needed leadership that’s clearly lacking as evidence by Bruces termination.

Reactions: 57special

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Minny is a more desperate and broken team than they were four pages ago. Sutter can help repair the problems in the room and bring much needed leadership that’s clearly lacking as evidence by Bruces termination.

Minnesota isn’t interested in Brandon Sutter. Not three months ago when you last tried to sell us on him, not now, not in a week and a half at the deadline, and not ever in the future.

And you are certainly not getting a piece like Brodin or Dumba for him.

Reactions: BlackBusa24

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If Jonas Brodin was enough to land a 1C every team in the league would have a 1C. This is ridiculous.

There’s exactly 1 Minnesota fan who expects a 1C in return for Brodin. Not sure which account he’s posting on these days, but you’ll know him when you see him.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
There’s exactly 1 Minnesota fan who expects a 1C in return for Brodin. Not sure which account he’s posting on these days, but you’ll know him when you see him.
Probably the same dude that tried to sell Brodin as a top pair D and better than Lindholm a few weeks ago on the Habs board.

Why is this the title though?

member 290103

Minnesota isn’t interested in Brandon Sutter. Not three months ago when you last tried to sell us on him, not now, not in a week and a half at the deadline, and not ever in the future.

And you are certainly not getting a piece like Brodin or Dumba for him.

I agree that Brodie or Dumba is too much to pay for Sutter, but I believe he can greatly help by way of bringing leadership to the Wild.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
I agree that Brodie or Dumba is too much to pay for Sutter, but I believe he can greatly help by way of bringing leadership to the Wild.
I have no issues with Brodie for Sutter, but you shouldn‘t expect the Flames to give him up while still in the race.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Probably the same dude that tried to sell Brodin as a top pair D and better than Lindholm a few weeks ago on the Habs board.

Why is this the title though?

I think when Guerin says stuff like, I know where my weaknesses are and I know what my trade chips are. and I want to use my trade chips to address my weaknesses. Obviously anyone who pays attention knows Minnesota needs top 6 centers. I think any GM would want to hold on to guys like Dumba and Brodin in the event that he can get a piece he needs.

That doesn’t mean Brodin is going to return a PL Dubois or MacKinnon or Sean Couturier or whatever. It means that if a piece like Domi or Johansen or Schmaltz or whoever becomes available, he wants to be able to build up a deal around Brodin for that guy who likely isn’t an actual 1C for a contender, but would be above Eriksson Ek and Victor Rask on our depth chart.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think when Guerin says stuff like, I know where my weaknesses are and I know what my trade chips are. and I want to use my trade chips to address my weaknesses. Obviously anyone who pays attention knows Minnesota needs top 6 centers. I think any GM would want to hold on to guys like Dumba and Brodin in the event that he can get a piece he needs.

That doesn’t mean Brodin is going to return a PL Dubois or MacKinnon or Sean Couturier or whatever. It means that if a piece like Domi or Johansen or Schmaltz or whoever becomes available, he wants to be able to build up a deal around Brodin for that guy who likely isn’t an actual 1C for a contender, but would be above Eriksson Ek and Victor Rask on our depth chart.
Id need a few more elite pieces along with that to move Domi.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Id need a few more elite pieces along with that to move Domi.

Well, our "elite pieces" are probably Kaprizov, Boldy, Khovanov, Beckman and our 2020 1st. And "a few" is probably ~3-4.

So, what you're saying is that you'd need something like Brodin/Dumba + Kaprizov/Boldy + Khovanov/Beckman + our 2020 1st in exchange for Domi?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well, our "elite pieces" are probably Kaprizov, Boldy, Khovanov, Beckman and our 2020 1st. And "a few" is probably ~3-4.

So, what you're saying is that you'd need something like Brodin/Dumba + Kaprizov/Boldy + Khovanov/Beckman + our 2020 1st in exchange for Domi?

And they say we overrate Brodin...

Reactions: BlackBusa24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad