Dreger: Dumba & Brodin asking price is No.1 Center

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If Minny wants a true #1 center, they need to take a risk. Dumba isn't getting a bonafide #1 like Matthews, MacKinnon, Barkov, Pettersson, Eichel, etc. So if they truly want a shot at a guy who could be their long-term #1 they should cash in a chip for someone like Patrick--a former 1st overall pick. That's my opinion. Of course they could just keep Dumba, which wouldn't be bad either. I just don't see the Wild getting anything CLOSE to a proven #1 center in a Dumba trade. They might even be hard-pressed to get a legit #2 to be honest. But, as a Flyers fan, I wouldn't mind Dumba in orange.
You’re a flyers fan and think the Patrick went 1OA?

Reactions: Jack ryan

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think Minny would take that in a heartbeat. I don't think the Flyers would (or could) trade Frost--as he could possibly the most "skilled" player in the entire organization moving forward. I love Dumba, but I don't see the Flyers trading Frost unless it's a massive deal and the Wild are content with a full blown-out rebuild. Such as...

TO PHI
- Dumba
- Kaprizov (and agreement he is coming over)

TO MIN
- Frost
- Zamula
- 1st
Kaprizov is a non-starter and I can’t see Dumba getting moved for a center prospect, even if that prospect does have top 6 potential. There’s too much risk; there’d need to be an add.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think Minny would take that in a heartbeat. I don't think the Flyers would (or could) trade Frost--as he could possibly the most "skilled" player in the entire organization moving forward. I love Dumba, but I don't see the Flyers trading Frost unless it's a massive deal and the Wild are content with a full blown-out rebuild. Such as...

TO PHI
- Dumba

TO MIN
- Frost
- Zamula
- 1st

If we're doing a full blown-out rebuild, Kaprizov is going to be a big part of it. That deal basically boils down to Dumba for Zamula and a 1st, which I would not do.

Fletcher might not be fooled by Dumba's down season this year. He had front row seats to his 16 goal, 50 point season a couple years ago.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

TO PHI
- Dumba

TO MIN
- Frost
- Zamula
- 1st
Dumba for Frost+

Don't even ask for or include Kaprizov. Guy is the best prospect we've had in a LONG time.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
I could see Vegas and Montreal being good partners for a Dumba trade. Kotkaniemi and Glass would be the targets.

For example, Eakin, Holden and Glass for Dumba. Eakin and Holden are there to balance salaries. Maybe Wild can throw a 2nd rounder there too since they can probably flip Eakin/Holden for picks afterwards. Kotkaniemi could be one for one.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I could see Vegas and Montreal being good partners for a Dumba trade. Kotkaniemi and Glass would be the targets.

For example, Eakin, Holden and Glass for Dumba. Eakin and Holden are there to balance salaries. Maybe Wild can throw a 2nd rounder there too since they can probably flip Eakin/Holden for picks afterwards. Kotkaniemi could be one for one.

For Habs Jesus no. Not because value wise it is so far out there, but because Montreal finally has a pool of players that could be top 6Cs, maybe even a 1C. Kotkaniemi could be a bust, who knows, but he could be a 2C or 1C, and the Habs need to hang on to him to see his upside.

Reactions: Vachon23

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis

TO PHI
- Dumba

TO MIN
- Frost
- Zamula
- 1st
For the umpteenth time, it is absolutely impossible to do a rebuild with the Parise, Suter and Zuccarello contracts. And if we did, we wouldn't trade our most valuable young asset.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I mean, you can ask whatever you want. Neither of these guys is a Seth Jones that actually nets you some sort of #1C though.

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
I think most people understand that he’s not a true center, but he can play center at a higher level than any of our other centers, and that’s what we need. There’s also the fact that he’s likely more available than most top 6 centers due to Montreal’s strengths and weaknesses. I think the two teams make pretty decent trade partners.
I see Domi as a number 3 after Danault and Suzuki. That makes him top 9.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Dude don’t get mad at KaprizovSavesUs because you are too lazy to read and put together his argument. The Wild aren’t going to move good young D for a package of B level assets.
Keep reading there pal. I dont need to keep explaining this so newbies coming in like you can consistently keep asking.
and Dumba + Brodin for a Number 1 Center ISN'T HAPPENING!
Biased homerism

member 290103

Keep reading there pal. I dont need to keep explaining this so newbies coming in like you can consistently keep asking.
and Dumba + Brodin for a Number 1 Center ISN'T HAPPENING!
Biased homerism

100% this. Not even in the same ballpark as a 1C. Unreal.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I mean I could see something like that working around Kopitar or Toews where they are either trying to cut cap or something. Number 1 Centers though... going to cost much more. not a Dumba on a bad season and a UFA with 1 year left

Please remember that it's Darren Dreger that used the term "1C'. The Wild are looking for a high-end #2C or lower-tier #1C. A good example of a player that the Wild might target would be Max Domi.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Please remember that it's Darren Dreger that used the term "1C'. The Wild are looking for a high-end #2C or lower-tier #1C. A good example of a player that the Wild might target would be Max Domi.
I forgot it was Dregs.... Yeah knowing that now I'm not surprised by the asking price.
should keep Dumba and let his value go back up don't sell low.
Brodin either extend him or trade him for something to help towards a rebuild. it's due. or should be atleast.
this year's draft will help havn't looked at the standings in a while now. but I assume a top 10 pick is expected this year right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad