Dreger: Dumba & Brodin asking price is No.1 Center

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
You’re the reason Toronto fans get a bad rep
Brodin has one year left: prob trade like the Muzzin would be expected. 1st + 2 good prospects.
Dumba is the real piece being at 6M for the next 4 seasons. BUT with the step backwards since his injury doesn't get u a number one center. I'm sorry but keep dreaming. They don't hold that much value.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Im the reason Toronto fans get a bad rep.... okay then buddy. Who would u trade for Dumba and Brodin. we're talking about #1 Centers here. go on I'm waiting....
The whole point of this is basically saying "hey, we are not gonna trade them UNLESS you send us a top 6 center or potential top 6 center+."

Then there's you with this:
Brodin has one year left: prob trade like the Muzzin would be expected. 1st + 2 good prospects.
Dumba is the real piece being at 6M for the next 4 seasons. BUT with the step backwards since his injury doesn't get u a number one center. I'm sorry but keep dreaming. They don't hold that much value.
Please read this:

WE. DO. NOT. HAVE. TO. TRADE. THEM.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I have never said that either of them get a 1C. That being said, I think both of them could return players that would be a 1C on MN. For some reason, when the word 1C gets thrown out, people seem to think that it only applies to the Eichels/Mackinnons/Schiefeles of the world. We’ve talked to fans from other teams and several deals have come up that both teams are happy with. In particular, most Montreal fans are on board with a Dumba for Domi swap, and Calgary fans have been open to the idea of a Monahan for Dumba swap. Regardless of if those trades are actually realistic, when you come onto a trade proposal that has nothing to do with your team and just start ripping into their fan bases, saying things like “keep dreaming,” you make all leafs fans look bad. There’s no reason for it. It’s actually somewhat sad because there are a fair amount of leafs fans that I enjoy talking to on these boards but it’s the people like you who feel the need to try and assert superiority over every other fan base that due leafs fans in.

Reactions: redwings25

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
The whole point of this is basically saying "hey, we are not gonna trade them UNLESS you send us a top 6 center or potential top 6 center+."

Then there's you with this:

Please read this:

WE. DO. NOT. HAVE. TO. TRADE. THEM.
Great.... so whats the point of this article. you don't have to trade anybody.... they still dont get you a number one center. so keep them.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Great.... so whats the point of this article. you don't have to trade anybody.... they still dont get you a number one center. so keep them.
We've had about 3 weeks worth of rumors about teams (Toronto, Carolina, Vegas, etc.) "asking" about Brodin and Dumba. All the latest rumors are is Guerin's supposed reply to those inquiries. "If you want to acquire one of these players, offer a center that's worth thinking about."

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Dumba for Domi as a base, I like that a lot.

It solves a lot of problems for the Habs:

- Domi wants to be a center, but we can sport: Suzuki, Danault, Kotkaniemi as our first three centers, all of whom are gonna be better IMO
- We can then trade Petry, and even tho Petry is, again, IMO, much better than Dumba, we get younger on RHD

Yeah, I'd do that, or something around that.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I have never said that either of them get a 1C. That being said, I think both of them could return players that would be a 1C on MN. For some reason, when the word 1C gets thrown out, people seem to think that it only applies to the Eichels/Mackinnons/Schiefeles of the world. We’ve talked to fans from other teams and several deals have come up that both teams are happy with. In particular, most Montreal fans are on board with a Dumba for Domi swap, and Calgary fans have been open to the idea of a Monahan for Dumba swap. Regardless of if those trades are actually realistic, when you come onto a trade proposal that has nothing to do with your team and just start ripping into their fan bases, saying things like “keep dreaming,” you make all leafs fans look bad. There’s no reason for it. It’s actually somewhat sad because there are a fair amount of leafs fans that I enjoy talking to on these boards but it’s the people like you who feel the need to try and assert superiority over every other fan base that due leafs fans in.
The reason why most would assume players like Eichels, MacKinnons, Schiefeles is because thats what a number one center is. and they are freaking expensive. most important positons imo are C, D, G, W. I mean last season Dumba before he got hurt could most likely fetch a number 1 center. and alot of C's would or could play 1st line C on Minny at this moment. ur basically looking at a 2nd liner. might as well keep Dumba, extend Brodin and sign a 2nd liner type Center come Free Agency and rebuild or retool I dunno. I would NOT move Dumba right now with this season. I would let him bounce back before the thought even entered my brain.
unless u find a guy to give proper value and hope he bounces back. Minny didn't sign him 5x 6M to trade him the next year, and I doubt they sell low on him.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Dumba for Johansen as centerpiece is the only thing I can think of that could work both ways. Maybe Brodin for Trocheck but then Florida is down a top 6 C they need

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The reason why most would assume players like Eichels, MacKinnons, Schiefeles is because thats what a number one center is. and they are freaking expensive. most important positons imo are C, D, G, W. I mean last season Dumba before he got hurt could most likely fetch a number 1 center. and alot of C's would or could play 1st line C on Minny at this moment. ur basically looking at a 2nd liner. might as well keep Dumba, extend Brodin and sign a 2nd liner type Center come Free Agency and rebuild or retool I dunno. I would NOT move Dumba right now with this season. I would let him bounce back before the thought even entered my brain.
unless u find a guy to give proper value and hope he bounces back. Minny didn't sign him 5x 6M to trade him the next year, and I doubt they sell low on him.

You just outlined what Minnesota is probably going to do.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Dumba for Domi as a base, I like that a lot.

It solves a lot of problems for the Habs:

- Domi wants to be a center, but we can sport: Suzuki, Danault, Kotkaniemi as our first three centers, all of whom are gonna be better IMO
- We can then trade Petry, and even tho Petry is, again, IMO, much better than Dumba, we get younger on RHD

Yeah, I'd do that, or something around that.
It's funny: ideas like this where both fanbases mostly agree in principle get basically no discussion because there's no arguing. There was a whole thread about this that saw a few hours worth of civil discussion and sank like a rock. "Sounds alright, everyone go home."

It's the total bat**** ideas that go to like 20+ pages.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I think if the Wild are looking to deal one of Dumba/Brodin, Domi would be a pretty solid piece to look at.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think if the Wild are looking to deal one of Dumba/Brodin, Domi would be a pretty solid piece to look at.

Brodin for Domi, something around that, is one of those deals that makes too much sense for both teams

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I think Montreal is a good fit if Domi is on the table but I will say even though Domi has played center he's much better on the wing.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I wouldn’t give up much for Patrick until he proves he can play consistently and put up more than 30 points a season.

If Minny wants a true #1 center, they need to take a risk. Dumba isn't getting a bonafide #1 like Matthews, MacKinnon, Barkov, Pettersson, Eichel, etc. So if they truly want a shot at a guy who could be their long-term #1 they should cash in a chip for someone like Patrick--a former 1st overall pick. That's my opinion. Of course they could just keep Dumba, which wouldn't be bad either. I just don't see the Wild getting anything CLOSE to a proven #1 center in a Dumba trade. They might even be hard-pressed to get a legit #2 to be honest. But, as a Flyers fan, I wouldn't mind Dumba in orange.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think Montreal is a good fit if Domi is on the table but I will say even though Domi has played center he's much better on the wing.

I think most people understand that he’s not a true center, but he can play center at a higher level than any of our other centers, and that’s what we need. There’s also the fact that he’s likely more available than most top 6 centers due to Montreal’s strengths and weaknesses. I think the two teams make pretty decent trade partners.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If Minny wants a true #1 center, they need to take a risk. Dumba isn't getting a bonafide #1 like Matthews, MacKinnon, Barkov, Pettersson, Eichel, etc. So if they truly want a shot at a guy who could be their long-term #1 they should cash in a chip for someone like Patrick--a former 1st overall pick. That's my opinion. Of course they could just keep Dumba, which wouldn't be bad either. I just don't see the Wild getting anything CLOSE to a proven #1 center in a Dumba trade. They might even be hard-pressed to get a legit #2 to be honest. But, as a Flyers fan, I wouldn't mind Dumba in orange.

I understand we need to take a risk, but a guy with health issues that will cause him to miss an indeterminate amount of time at any given point with no notice is not the proper risk.

Absolutely no one is expecting the guys you named. Not one person thinks Dumba or Brodin are enough to get those players.

Reactions: MNRube

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I think most people understand that he’s not a true center, but he can play center at a higher level than any of our other centers, and that’s what we need. There’s also the fact that he’s likely more available than most top 6 centers due to Montreal’s strengths and weaknesses. I think the two teams make pretty decent trade partners.
Agreed. If Minnesota is going to trade one of the two D men I think Domi would be the best available return. Habs and Wild make sense as trade partners

Reactions: MNRube

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I'd rather take the shot on Frost.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I'd rather take the shot on Frost.

I think Minny would take that in a heartbeat. I don't think the Flyers would (or could) trade Frost--as he could possibly the most "skilled" player in the entire organization moving forward. I love Dumba, but I don't see the Flyers trading Frost unless it's a massive deal and the Wild are content with a full blown-out rebuild. Such as...

TO PHI
- Dumba
- Kaprizov (and agreement he is coming over)

TO MIN
- Frost
- Zamula
- 1st

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad