Dreger: Dumba & Brodin asking price is No.1 Center

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
what the ****? I never come to this board. I guess that sens clown dragged one of my posts here, gotta seek that attention I guess
Ya, that Sens fan dragged a bunch of posts from the Leafs board to the main board.

A Loyal Dog

Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
what the ****? I never come to this board. I guess that sens clown dragged one of my posts here, gotta seek that attention I guess
:snide: you're now stuck here for forever!

But yeah, that's kind of stupid to go in a team's subforum to quote posts from there onto here. I mean it's open territory for everyone to see (anyone can go to your team's subforum), but to drag posters on here and speak out at large... ehh...

Reactions: Walshy7

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
So we went from a number 1 C for a both dumba and Brodin.... to Russo speculating on a kerfoot plus package?

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
So we went from a number 1 C for a both dumba and Brodin.... to Russo speculating on a kerfoot plus package?

No chance Kerfoot+ gets either Dumba or Brodin unless the plus is WAY better than Kerfoot.

Just to put this into perspective, yesterday the report was Kerfoot to Edmonton for 3rd pair Benning. We've gone from Benning to Dumba?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
No chance Kerfoot+ gets either Dumba or Brodin unless the plus is WAY better than Kerfoot.

Just to put this into perspective, yesterday the report was Kerfoot to Edmonton for 3rd pair Benning. We've gone from Benning to Dumba?

1.) that thread was taken out of context by twitter randoms

2.) I totally agree that Dumba should be worth more than kerfoot.

but definitely Less than the No 1 c minny fans are expecting.

heck they want a No 1 c for 1 year of Brodin

Erik karlson never got that

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Dreger: I can confirm that every single player in the Western Conference is available at a price tag. Please watch Trade Centre for 10 hours where there will be 6 trades of 3rd liners & depth defensemen.

I could see Dumba being traded, but most likely in the off-season. You handcuff yourself to the teams willing to trade with you & there's no urgency to do so.

Reactions: 57special

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Not really.
The Maple Leafs appear to be the most interested party in Dumba, but it’s hard to see how they can help at center unless it’s somebody like Alex Kerfoot (which surely isn’t enough). Kasperi Kapanen is a talented, young winger, but the Wild are overwrought with wingers.
Toronto's not going to offer Tavares, Matthews or (if you think he can play center) Nylander. That leaves Kerfoot, who obviously isn't enough to build a deal around. All that would do is make our defense worse while doing absolutely nothing to improve our forwards.

Domi makes some sense and, if the article is anything to go by, isn't completely absurd as a target. For the most part there haven't been any other viable candidates out there.

TJL48

Nov 30, 2011
St. Paul

I don't think any MN fans or management are expecting a 1C for them. The Wild do not need to trade either of them. The team just came out and said if you want one that is what it will take. As I Wild fan I hope they don't trade either of them.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

Russo: Wild's latest blown lead shows why Bill Guerin has...

Teams interested in one or the other defensemen likely include Toronto, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Vegas, Winnipeg, Columbus and Montreal.
The Maple Leafs appear to be the most interested party in Dumba, but it’s hard to see how they can help at center unless it’s somebody like Alex Kerfoot (which surely isn’t enough). Kasperi Kapanen is a talented, young winger, but the Wild are overwrought with wingers.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
That's not him speculating about a Kerfoot package. That's him saying why Toronto, though interested, is not in a position get anything done because they could only offer a Kerfoot package.
Didn't say he he said that. You asked for the quote, I gave it to you.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
And I thank you for it. I guess my beef is with the other guy then.
Yup.

Anyways, of the teams cited, the only one that have a real top 6 C to spare would be Montreal (Domi). Maybe Tyler Johnson, but I don't see him as top 6 C anymore. I don't see Tampa trading Cirelli either.

Necas for Carolina? Glass for Vegas? These guys are basically still prospects.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yup.

Anyways, of the teams cited, the only one that have a real top 6 C to spare would be Montreal (Domi). Maybe Tyler Johnson, but I don't see him as top 6 C anymore. I don't see Tampa trading Cirelli either.

And that's probably a lot more of realistic target than what most people in here are thinking this thread is about.

I'd take Tyler Johnson, but definitely not for either of the two defensemen. We'd already be doing Tampa a favor with their cap situation; no need to add excessive value too.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Yup.

Agreed on Tampa and I'm inclined to believe Russo when he says that Carolina's unlikely to give up Necas. They seem like a team that's perpetually bargain hunting and I don't think they're going to find one here.

There's been some discussion about whether Vegas could come up with a Burns-like offer with Krebs in the Charlie Coyle slot. No idea what their appetite for that sort of deal would actually be, though.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Johansen?
I don't think it's out of the question if Nashville's looking at moving him for defense. His contract is... intimidating, especially compared to Dumba's or even what Brodin's likely to get on an extension. I have no idea who adds what to balance things out, but it doesn't seem like it'd be a 1-for-1 deal.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis

Which MIN fans said they expect this? If the Wild are really asking for that then there won’t be a trade. And that is the outcome Wild fans expect.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I have no interest in Dumba or Brodin if the cost is Domi. We need to add more players like him... not subtract them. His main wingers for a huge part of the year were Cousins and Lehkonen (Lehky is great but hes a forechecker/net front presence guy).

Spoilers

Jun 24, 2018
1st line centres are arguably the hardest position to fill. Teams rarely trade them. If you want one it’ll cost more than Brodie or Dumba for sure. The only way this works is if they bank on potential and trade for a prospect like Hayton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->