Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Kinda a side note but pretty crazy to see 3 players from the Orange county area.

York(Anaheim hills)
wolf(Tustin)
Johnson(Irvine)

Idk if it was talked about, but was there any legit reason Tracey isn't on Canadas Summer showcase roster? is he injured or something?

Too many players and not enough roster spots. Not too many 2001 born players will make the Canada roster. He'll almost certainly be on the team next year if he continues to progress.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Does anyone have a good stream for the rest of the sweeden/finland game?... and for the American game later?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Kinda a side note but pretty crazy to see 3 players from the Orange county area.

York(Anaheim hills)
wolf(Tustin)
Johnson(Irvine)

Idk if it was talked about, but was there any legit reason Tracey isn't on Canadas Summer showcase roster? is he injured or something?
That`s insane.
I wonder if 03 cup run impacted it, probably did (this prob more on their parents). Probably also 06 WCF and 07 cup helped them. Super cool to see.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That`s insane.
I wonder if 03 cup run impacted it, probably did (this prob more on their parents). Probably also 06 WCF and 07 cup helped them. Super cool to see.
The new rink is amazin too... i wouldnt be surprised if oc becomes a little hot bed for future nhl talent

Reactions: Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Zegras will literally make a hard pass from any posistion... forehand, back hand, through the legs... it dont matter.

He does seem to have a lil bit of that troy terry deception with the puck.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Zegras will literally make a hard pass from any posistion... forehand, back hand, through the legs... it dont matter.

He does seem to have a lil bit of that troy terry deception with the puck.

He oozes talent. Easily the “flashiest” player on the ice this game. My #1 fear for him is he seems vulnerable to big hits because of how long he holds on to the puck. He was shaken up on a shift earlier in the game, but he was out there just before period ended so obviously he’s okay.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I’ve honestly never seen this. Offensively he thinks and sees the game at a different level

I've never seen anyone with such variety of in game trick passes/puck skills... Plenty of people can pull off these moves in practice/pickup.. but not at full speed. That's just bananas.

Another must see:

Last edited:

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
He must simplify his game though. He will be more effective that way.

Within reason. I think you need to simplify at the NHL level, because the systems and overall talent are just too good.

So, yeah, he will need to be careful. But at the same time, his ability to see the game and make plays looks exceptional. They need to find that line between being responsible and not getting burned, and being able to play and use his ability.

Consider Getzlaf. How many times have we seen him make a bad pass that turned the puck over? Even lead to a goal? But over the years he has been a huge net positive, despite that, because he’s so good at finding those seams and making plays. Oversimplifying his game could have minimized those mistakes, but it’s also likely he would have been a lesser player. I’d rather see the mistakes if the result is a better player who can contribute more.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Within reason. I think you need to simplify at the NHL level, because the systems and overall talent are just too good.

So, yeah, he will need to be careful. But at the same time, his ability to see the game and make plays looks exceptional. They need to find that line between being responsible and not getting burned, and being able to play and use his ability.

Consider Getzlaf. How many times have we seen him make a bad pass that turned the puck over? Even lead to a goal? But over the years he has been a huge net positive, despite that, because he’s so good at finding those seams and making plays. Oversimplifying his game could have minimized those mistakes, but it’s also likely he would have been a lesser player. I’d rather see the mistakes if the result is a better player who can contribute more.

So much this.

You don’t take a player with that kind of imagination, skill, and execution and tell them to reign it in. You wait until he actually stops being able to pull it off and help him make adjustments.

I’m obviously not saying he’s Gretzky but can you imagine someone telling Gretzky to simplify his game early on? I’d imagine the response would be, “that was simple.”

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I've never seen anyone with such variety of in game trick passes/puck skills... Plenty of people can pull off these moves in practice/pickup.. but not at full speed. That's just bananas.

Another must see:

Is it too late to send fruit baskets to the Oilers for passing on Zegras ?

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Z's ability to pass and to drive a play is the reason why I wanted the Ducks to draft Kaliyev. Give Z a winger with that shooting ability.
Yeah. One thing we don't really have in our system is a bona-fide sniper. We have guys with good shots (like Comtois) but we really don't have anybody whose shot needs to be respected. Zegras + someone like Holtz from this next draft would be absolutely nutty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad