Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
EDIT: Static keeps beating me

I know that wasn't particularly impressive defense, but that move at the 9 second mark was nasty

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
god damn those mitts

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
He's incredible at slowing the pace of the game down and getting more time and space for himself. I mean, his offensive skillset is fantastic but that's standing out even more.

He's going to be a good one.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would have been nice to grab kaliyev... i honestly feel we coulda grabbed him with our 2nd 1st, got tracy with 39 and moved up for lacombe ... he might have been there for our 4th round also

Just seems like best pure goal dcorer outside of caufield

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Would have been nice to grab kaliyev... i honestly feel we coulda grabbed him with our 2nd 1st, got tracy with 39 and moved up for lacombe ... he might have been there for our 4th round also

Just seems like best pure goal dcorer outside of caufield
No way Tracey makes it to 39.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngelDuck

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I dont think zegras will suffer from getzlafitis in the nhl. He seems like he will score quite often

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Ive been watching these games closely and If anyone had any doubt Z has the talent to be a franchise center this should change that. His creativity, poise, hands are absolutely elite. He dictates play offensively in any situation he's put into, even played some point on the PP today. He hustles back on D, isnt afraid of contact and protects himself well, reads lanes well, picks off pucks with his awareness. I have no doubt he'll be a positive on that end in the NHL once he fills out and gets better at FOs.

Most exciting prospect the Ducks have had since Getz for sure

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I've been to 2 of the games at the WJSS; USA/Canada and US/Finland tonight. Zegras has been one of the more noticeable players of any of those squads. His vision is superb, there's no panic in his game, his compete level is stellar, and he has a great sense of when to dish and when to shoot.

I was hoping The Wings would take him but Stevey Y decided to shock the hockey world instead. I think you guys got a real solid player.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I've been to 2 of the games at the WJSS; USA/Canada and US/Finland tonight. Zegras has been one of the more noticeable players of any of those squads. His vision is superb, there's no panic in his game, his compete level is stellar, and he has a great sense of when to dish and when to shoot.

I was hoping The Wings would take him but Stevey Y decided to shock the hockey world instead. I think you guys got a real solid player.
I think the Wings did very good, I think Seider will end up being the 2nd best Dman in the draft. It was a little shocking when the Ducks selected Lindholm at #6 in 2012

Reactions: RabidBadger
Oct 18, 2011
Ive been watching these games closely and If anyone had any doubt Z has the talent to be a franchise center this should change that. His creativity, poise, hands are absolutely elite. He dictates play offensively in any situation he's put into, even played some point on the PP today. He hustles back on D, isnt afraid of contact and protects himself well, reads lanes well, picks off pucks with his awareness. I have no doubt he'll be a positive on that end in the NHL once he fills out and gets better at FOs.

Most exciting prospect the Ducks have had since Getz for sure
Agreed. All the flaws in his game are correctable. He has all the things you can't really teach, if we bring him along the right way he will be a franchise center maybe even more than that

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
In terms of just raw offensive tools I can't think of a prospect we have drafted that beats Zegras in that department. Maybe Kariya but that was 25 years ago and it's impossible to compare over the eras given how different sylistically the game is today.

I think if anyone has a chance at coming close to replacing Getz it will be him. Obviously completely different players but in terms of impact he is the only guy in the system that will come close IMO. He looks like Drouin did one WJC where he had the puck on the string the whole time making moves like that except the difference is Zegras has his head up the whole time and can see the play better than Drouin could back then.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
What are the chances of him making the team next year? I know he said he was probably going to be one-and-done with BU, and there are no doubt contractual issues relating to the NCAA's amateur bylaws and him having to look great enough to surely be an NHLer by that point, but could he be NHL ready by the start of the season?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
What are the chances of him making the team next year? I know he said he was probably going to be one-and-done with BU, and there are no doubt contractual issues relating to the NCAA's amateur bylaws and him having to look great enough to surely be an NHLer by that point, but could he be NHL ready by the start of the season?

He would have to get a huge amount stronger over the next few months and I can’t imagine his defensive game is close to nhl ready although I can’t comment on that for sure. He would get destroyed in the corners with his current build.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
He would have to get a huge amount stronger over the next few months and I can’t imagine his defensive game is close to nhl ready although I can’t comment on that for sure. He would get destroyed in the corners with his current build.
Yeah, he may need a couple of years just to add strength. Year two shouldn't require staying in college, though. AHL should be fine at that point.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I genuinely believe that we got the best forward in the draft.
I think Turcotte has looked better at WJSS so far. He wasn't even playing this game, he was very solid when I saw him. And Hughes and Kakko are better as too.

Zegras is good but not McDavid

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
All 3 US prospects will be in the lineup for their final game against Canada, which I assume is a good sign. One thing I didn't realize is Janicke was born on Christmas Day, meaning this is his last chance to play in the WJC, even though he was just drafted.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
All 3 US prospects will be in the lineup for their final game against Canada, which I assume is a good sign. One thing I didn't realize is Janicke was born on Christmas Day, meaning this is his last chance to play in the WJC, even though he was just drafted.

Kinda a side note but pretty crazy to see 3 players from the Orange county area.

York(Anaheim hills)
wolf(Tustin)
Johnson(Irvine)

Idk if it was talked about, but was there any legit reason Tracey isn't on Canadas Summer showcase roster? is he injured or something?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think Turcotte has looked better at WJSS so far. He wasn't even playing this game, he was very solid when I saw him. And Hughes and Kakko are better as too.

Zegras is good but not McDavid
The ducks and kings both have some pretty deep prospect pools right now.

Kings top 15 might be as good as anyones in the league.

Over the getzlaf era... we have always been a team looking to add 2c/3cs... crazy to think in 2 years we can have Steel/Zegras/lundy/Groulx all fighting for those center spots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: