Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Why are Ducks social media not reporting Rookie tournament ticket purchase option but a Kings blogger is doing it already?

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
With AHL contracts signed, are they allowed to participate at the NHL camps?

Super surprised, Gates and Hunter got no ELCs. We're sitting on 48 right now, maybe we really land Priskie, which would mean 49.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
S0 many goalies signed by the Ducks and Gulls. For sure Eriksson-Ek must be going back to Sweden on a loan.

Oct 18, 2011
Getting Hunter Drew on an AHL deal is a good job by management I think he has a chance to be an NHL player down the road

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I've been looking on the internet to see if Dostal was coming here or staying across the pond. I suppose that tweet answers my question. LoL

Thanks very much, duxfan1101!

Reactions: duxfan1101

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I've been looking on the internet to see if Dostal was coming here or staying across the pond. I suppose that tweet answers my question. LoL

Thanks very much, duxfan1101!

I translated somewhere his recent interview where he said that he stays in Finland for the season but he will attend Anaheim's training camp.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I translated somewhere his recent interview where he said that he stays in Finland for the season but he will attend Anaheim's training camp.

Yeah, I read that on here before and it was probably you that shared it. That's why I went on google to find an article on it b/c I get lost in so many threads on here. ha hahahahha I just wanted some confirmation to link to or from than recalling where I heard it. So thank you as well! = )

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Asked Steve Kournianos on the prospects board about him ranking McLaughlin ahead of Tracey and Perbix in his top 10 prospects for us:

McGlaughlin was very prominent as a freshman on a weaker Minnesota team. Think potential is very high, and he was drafted at least a full round later than he should have gone. I don’t look at draft position if the player is 18 as a freshman and playing a huge role, and producing as well. Little bit of favrotism showed towards McGlaughlin because I had him as a top-31 in 2018.

Spent a ton of time watching the USHL this year. There should be hype surrounding Perbix. It’s real. Teams keyed on him and still couldn't stop him from dictating possessions.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That's what I thought as well but the game is more than just stats.

McLaughlin is becoming one of my fav. prospects. He will be a good one.
I agree, but that`s why I`m wondering. What is that makes him so special?

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR

Good question, it's hard to find any good footage. He is a wing, and his team is pretty bad, so it can be tougher to drive the play compared to a center.
His scouting reports are all over the place.... Ive seen skating as his best and worst asset, I've also read he's his USHL teams best player, but plays wing on the 3rd line...

Reactions: Kalv

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017

Thing is, most reports on him are quite encouraging. There must be something in his game that looks good to the scouts despite his point production. This year will tell a lot about him. He is still so young, and turns 19 on Sept. 13.

Reactions: Kalv
Oct 18, 2011
Good question, it's hard to find any good footage. He is a wing, and his team is pretty bad, so it can be tougher to drive the play compared to a center.
His scouting reports are all over the place.... Ive seen skating as his best and worst asset, I've also read he's his USHL teams best player, but plays wing on the 3rd line...
I think it's because he made a big jump from high school to the USHL and he won't be 19 until mid September.

Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
His age makes it tough to compare him to players from his draft year. He was a couple weeks from being 2019 eligible

And everyone would be viewing him in a more positive manner if that were the case

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Pronman ranked us #14 for his farm rankings. For the record, by his criteria, Terry, Jones, and Larsson all graduated and didn't count as prospects, which obviously hurts our ranking.

Here is his ranking of our players:
1. Zegras
2. Steel
3. Comtois
4. Lundestrom
5. Guhle
6. Tracey
7. Dostal
8. Mahura
9. Lacombe
10. Groulx
11. Thrun