bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Where are you watching? You paid?

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
McLaughlin really seems like he could be a sleeper for us. He had a strong freshman showing in Minnesota and I could definitely see him building upon it a la Terry style. I'm pretty excited about Janicke, too... he seems like he could be a great checking-line energy forward in the future.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
McLaughlin really seems like he could be a sleeper for us. He had a strong freshman showing in Minnesota and I could definitely see him building upon it a la Terry style. I'm pretty excited about Janicke, too... he seems like he could be a great checking-line energy forward in the future.
Madden said he was surprised McLaughlin was still there when we picked him. He said he has first round skill but lasted till the third round

Reactions: eternalbedhead

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I really like how pesky Zegras is on the forecheck. He's not one of those super skilled guys who sticks to the perimeter and can only make things happen with the puck on his stick. It looks like he still needs to trim down on some minor penalties, but I still like the feistiness. Also have been liking McLaughlin's game. With all the offensive talent on this team, I like that he seems to be able to thrive in a checking role. Janicke has also made much more of an impact that I expected.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Watched only part of the second period but Turcotte looks really really good.

Zegras showing some skill but even at this level he seemed to need to get stronger. Maybe 2 years instead of 1 year will not be a bad idea but only time will tell.

Janicke seemed to try really hard, was always the first on the forecheck.

Oct 18, 2011
McLaughlin is my favorite prospect outside of all the first round guys, and Terry. Lots of offensive upside with him

Reactions: eternalbedhead

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Said it several months ago, Blake is the most interesting prospect for me right now. He had a great season in the NCAA. Once he grows into his body he will be a good one.

Janicke, looks very good too.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
We have a few aging forwards and one that might test FA. So we might want to keep developing these forwards as well as hope both Larsson and Guhle pan out to mitigate the need to send off forwards for defense.

Still, it's nice to have a lot of assets burgeoning on the forward front to be used for whatever reason to help the club.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
There's a nice crop of RHDs in this upcoming draft, so that'll be amazing for us if we could snag one of Barron or Drysdale. (funny story: I gave Drysdale a cold in an EHM save that lasted 23 years and forced him to retire.)

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
There's a nice crop of RHDs in this upcoming draft, so that'll be amazing for us if we could snag one of Barron or Drysdale. (funny story: I gave Drysdale a cold in an EHM save that lasted 23 years and forced him to retire.)

It's too bad that we missed out on K'andre Miller... I like Isac but Miller would have balanced our prospects depth better. He could be another Brent Burns with his size and skill. I don't think there will be a great option for us picking a Dman in 2020 unless we are in the top 8 picks... I am projecting that we will fall around 10-14 next year.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
damn zegras demotion

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I'm not able to watch the game, but here are some reactions:

A couple people singled out Janicke as one of the better players through the 1st period.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
that shift was crazy for him.
Janicke and McLaughlin looks ok as well. Bot had breakaways kind of. Both just shot it. But were involved in games overall

Also about Team Canada game - Groulx is nice but didn`t saw much of a top6 upside from him. But he is a good player, gets into spots. Might just lack confidence at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad