Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Zegras has an uncanny ability to create offense out of nothing. He just sees opportunities to create offense that wouldn't even come across the mind of a lot of players. can't wait to see him in Anaheim

Oct 18, 2011
Said in other thread but it honestly only takes a few minutes of watching Zegras to see talent that jumps off the screen. From a pure talent POV might be our best since either chistov or getz

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
From a pure talent POV might be our best since either chistov or getz

Chistov is a good comparison imho. I expect Z to have a better mindset but he has to prove it in a tougher league (NCAA )on a team that is not as talented as his previous one. Imho he still has a long way to go, especially in the physical way. I think we are in a good position now down the middle with Z, Steel, Lundeström and Groulx.

Reactions: Kalv

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Zegras (#21) passes up a couple shooting opportunities to look for a tap in for a teammate. Definitely has some impressive vision, but hope he starts shooting in some of these situations.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Didn't watch the game, but from what I could see on Twitter, it seemed like the Farabee-Zegras-Caufield line was easily the most dangerous for the US. Groulx had an assist and was +1.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
US is on NHL Network right now, McLaughlin (24), Zegras (21), janicke (26) are in the lineup.

McLaughlin already made a nice play to spring a 2v1 that the US scored on.

Reactions: alcolol

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Awesome play from Zegras to steal the puck behind the net and spin a pass out front on the tape.

Reactions: alcolol

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
@Static I'm watching the game too. Despite Zegras' line probably having the least amount of ice time in the first period, the skill is easily noticeable. His back- and stick-checking game is impressive too.

McLaughlin looks way bigger than the 5'11", 161 lbs eliteprospects has him listed at. Janicke reminds me a bit of Sherwood, with perhaps a touch more offensive upside.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
@Static I'm watching the game too. Despite Zegras' line probably having the least amount of ice time in the first period, the skill is easily noticeable. His back- and stick-checking game is impressive too.

McLaughlin looks way bigger than the 5'11", 161 lbs eliteprospects has him listed at. Janicke reminds me a bit of Sherwood, with perhaps a touch more offensive upside.
All three made good plays in the first, but yeah Zegras seemed to barely play. McLaughlin was really good at winning battles for his teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->