Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Kyle Olson is still having a strong start. 3+12 and +7 in 10 games. +7 is the best of all forwards on the team. He also stands at 27 PIM so far.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Kyle Olson is still having a strong start. 3+12 and +7 in 10 games. +7 is the best of all forwards on the team. He also stands at 27 PIM so far.
The only 2 scorers on the team with more points than Kyle, are undrafted, one 20 yo and one 19 yo, IIRC.
But yeah, he`s having a good year, I am also keeping an eye for him

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Harvard forward Jack Badini with a goal and an assist in the season opener.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
What do u guys expect terry to become at nhl level? 40-50 point 2nd liner?

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Drew is very intriguing to me. He's averaging over 4 shots per game, and he seems to have a mean streak. Not sure what he'll become, but he has my attention for the time being.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
From the little I've seen of him, I see a lot of Shea Theodore. I think Theodore will be a bit better offensively and Mahura a bit better defensively.
He is way more physical/aggressive

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
From the little I've seen of him, I see a lot of Shea Theodore. I think Theodore will be a bit better offensively and Mahura a bit better defensively.

I'm not sure I like that comparison. Theodore has a fluidness to his offensive game that I don't see from Mahura, while the latter plays with a fair bit more urgency and edge to his game. I just don't see the similarity.

Mahura is a fine puck mover, don't get me wrong, but I see him providing less value than Theodore on the offensive side while becoming much more useful otherwise.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Would you guys say mahura is a safe bet to be a middle pairing dman?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would you guys say mahura is a safe bet to be a middle pairing dman?
He has impressed me every time I seen him play... his biggest problem will be hes stuck behind Lindholm fowler Pettersson Larsson(granted Larsson has been playing right side). I think hell be a top 4 dmen… more slighted towards offense but not terrible defensively.

I see a little of theodore stylistically in mahura… but he has a more aggressive game physically/defensively. I guess a left handed Montour would be an alright comparison.

Not related to your post:

Hunter drew is looking like a very nice pick up... I have a feeling he was a guy we wanted in the late rounds and we were probably stoked to snag him.... kinda sounds like a josh manson style player.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Roman Durny is now 92.3% after 10 games in the USHL, leading the league in svs% among goaltenders who's played at least 10 games. Though one guy who's played 9 games and one who's played 8 games are slightly ahead of him.

I liked Durny for Slovakia at the World Juniors last winter. Think he's our top goalie prospect currently, though I haven't seen Dostal play. Maybe Dostal has higher upside, but as Durny is two years older I think he's a "safer pick". It's easy to write him off just because he was a 5th round pick. But considering he was an older player, and because few goalies are picked in the 1st and 2nd round these days, there's no surprise he was available so late in the draft.

As I follow Slovak prospects closely hoping their country will turn things around, I watch nearly all of Slovakias games at the U20 World Juniors every year. Of course, had I known the Ducks would pick I would have payed closer attention to him. I don't remember what his glove hand or rebound control was like, but I do remember him showing a calm demeanour, working with small movements in the crease. Seemingly he is good with angles/positioning which is a great thing. I don't know if he has high upside, but a potential backup to Gibson one day? Yes, defenitely possible.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
An undrafted free agent to look at Brett Leason at eliteprospects.com.

Leason has been passed over in two drafts but appears to be having a coming out party with 17 goals and 22 assists in 17 games. He's the early WHL scoring leader and already an astounding 18 points ahead of his closest teammate.

He has a huge frame (6'4 205) and appears to have a pretty good motor, no doubt he's drawing some interest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Opak

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
He has impressed me every time I seen him play... his biggest problem will be hes stuck behind Lindholm fowler Pettersson Larsson(granted Larsson has been playing right side). I think hell be a top 4 dmen… more slighted towards offense but not terrible defensively.

I see a little of theodore stylistically in mahura… but he has a more aggressive game physically/defensively. I guess a left handed Montour would be an alright comparison.

Not related to your post:

Hunter drew is looking like a very nice pick up... I have a feeling he was a guy we wanted in the late rounds and we were probably stoked to snag him.... kinda sounds like a josh manson style player.
For what it's worth, Mahura typically plays on the right side.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
An undrafted free agent to look at Brett Leason at eliteprospects.com.

Leason has been passed over in two drafts but appears to be having a coming out party with 17 goals and 22 assists in 17 games. He's the early WHL scoring leader and already an astounding 18 points ahead of his closest teammate.

He has a huge frame (6'4 205) and appears to have a pretty good motor, no doubt he's drawing some interest.

Really interesting how he just exploded in the WHL like that. What changed?

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Groulx surpassed Morand and has now 11g and 11a in 17 games. Morand sits at 8+13 also in 17 games. Groulx was 10/19 on the dot, Morand 8/16.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Perbix has been on the scoresheet a lot after his slow start. Now at 9 points in 13 games. 9 points in his last 8 games

Any word on McGlaughlin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln