Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Every single viewing of Morand has left me feeling he's painfully average... size, shot, defensive acumen, competitiveness are all below average, while his vision, IQ, speed, and puck-handling abilities are above average. He fails to impress upon me any kind of "it" factor. Nothing about him stands out and the fact Pronman consistently regards Morand as more promising than Comtois blows my mind.

Groulx is much more intriguing. While his offensive instincts and skills aren't consistently flashy, he was much more impressive than Morand during the Canada-Russia Super Series. Groulx won more faceoffs, was a viable net-front presence on the powerplay, back-checked with success, seemed to always be in the right spot at the right time, and was more dangerous with the puck on his stick than Morand.

I wish I could watch more Halifax games to more accurately compare the two players on a game by game basis. Whereas Morand's potential is perhaps higher than Groulx's, the chance of Morand reaching that potential seems much more unlikely to happen.

Reactions: Goose of Reason

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Every single viewing of Morand has left me feeling he's painfully average... size, shot, defensive acumen, competitiveness are all below average, while his vision, IQ, speed, and puck-handling abilities are above average. He fails to impress upon me any kind of "it" factor. Nothing about him stands out and the fact Pronman consistently regards Morand as more promising than Comtois blows my mind.

Groulx is much more intriguing. While his offensive instincts and skills aren't consistently flashy, he was much more impressive than Morand during the Canada-Russia Super Series. Groulx won more faceoffs, was a viable net-front presence on the powerplay, back-checked with success, seemed to always be in the right spot at the right time, and was more dangerous with the puck on his stick than Morand.

I wish I could watch more Halifax games to more accurately compare the two players on a game by game basis. Whereas Morand's potential is perhaps higher than Groulx's, the chance of Morand reaching that potential seems much more unlikely to happen.

Completely agree with all of this. Morand will have blowup games where he gets like 5 assists and they're all beautiful passes, and then you spend the next 30 games wondering where that offense went. He always seems to facilitate the play more than drive it. I absolutely like Groulx's chances of being an NHLer more than Morand's.

Pronman has recently (within the last year or so) started liking Comtois more, but I never understood his higher rating of Morand. Comtois has always been the far superior prospect.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016

That’s about it in a nut shell. I thought Morand had better vision. He doesn’t use his line mates well. Kid has a good motor and decent drive though. Seems lately he’s trying to do everything himself. Needs to learn some give and go. He has good line mates in Parent and Lavoie. I don’t know he started the season really well. Maybe it was the C

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
there are only 8 forwards on that list. Look I`m not a prefessional GM but I`m sure that list is not complete

Reactions: Getz2perry

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
So who would be our next best D prospect after Larsson, Mahura, and Welinski? Other than Megna, would it be Hunter Drew?

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
So who would be our next best D prospect after Larsson, Mahura, and Welinski? Other than Megna, would it be Hunter Drew?
Drew's the only one really worth mentioning at that position. Megna isn't really a prospect any more, and besides Drew and the aforementioned three, we have Ruggiero, Berkovitz, and Keaton Thompson. Thompson and Ruggiero are longshots (longer than Drew, for that matter) and Berkovitz is pretty much done as a prospect.

Reactions: Getzmonster

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Drew's the only one really worth mentioning at that position. Megna isn't really a prospect any more, and besides Drew and the aforementioned three, we have Ruggiero, Berkovitz, and Keaton Thompson. Thompson and Ruggiero are longshots (longer than Drew, for that matter) and Berkovitz is pretty much done as a prospect.
About what I thought, thanks. I guess they'll be trying to reload the farm with a couple D this coming draft.

Reactions: Elf

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Also Dotchin is only 24... don't be surprised if the Ducks are already trying to extend his contract. Dude is about as solid as it comes for a bottom pairing dman.

Reactions: paine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->