Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
You guys are definitely on the hype train... lol

Oct 18, 2011
So I guess I'll save my Marchand comp for another time...I'm not talking Marchand now but the one of a few years ago before becoming elite

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Kyle Olson who had some nice showings in the preseason has started the year with 8 points in 5 games in the WHL. He`s also the Assistant captain there and what I have skipped - it is his 4th year in the WHL although he`s still eligible for the WJC`s (I hope he at least get`s a look which is not out of the question if he keeps it up).

In preseason he was not affraid to go to the front of the net and try to get himself an open spot for a shot when he can. He also has 15 PIMs so far in 5 games, but he`s not too big (5`11 , 174 lbs)

Just turning some attention to him, so far so good this year (last year was bad for him - injuries)

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
Morand is now the leader in P/GP in the QMJHL. Groulx not far behind.

Morand plays with Raphael Lavoie who's projected to be drafted in the middle of the first next year.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
  • Jack Perbix pointless and -2 in 5 games played so far. Honestly I expected a lot more.
  • Brent Gates pointless in 2 games
  • Durny with strong numbers in the first two games

Lavoie looks like a good one. Unfortunately he will likely be out of reach for the Ducks. He is producing way too much so far to become another Comtois to us. Thanks god Morand is doing fine, I like the way he plays and I've my fingers crossed he will make ANA in a year or two.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Both of those guys didn`t impress in preseason. Hope they have a good year developing.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
  • Jack Perbix pointless and -2 in 5 games played so far. Honestly I expected a lot more.
  • Brent Gates pointless in 2 games
  • Durny with strong numbers in the first two games
Lavoie looks like a good one. Unfortunately he will likely be out of reach for the Ducks. He is producing way too much so far to become another Comtois to us. Thanks god Morand is doing fine, I like the way he plays and I've my fingers crossed he will make ANA in a year or two.
He's on pace to win the 2019 Julius Nattinen award. Award i made up for prospect with most underachievement.

Reactions: Doothpick and Kalv

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Hunter Drew is having a pretty nice start to his season other than his suspension.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Olivier-Groulx has had a nice start. That draft is already starting to look strong. I'm also excited to see McGlaughlin get healthy and on the ice in a couple weeks.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
really want to one day see morand reunited with comtois in the NHL- I know its a long shot but it would it would be a really wholesome story.

and Groulx just seems like a really nice type of player to have around if he hits his potential

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Groulx hopefully can become a Bonino type player down the road. Seems like his skills (and lack of certain skills) are comparable.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Morand and Groulx added both a goal in their last game. Groulx with 14/16 on the dot, Morand 8/14. Groulx took 167 faceoffs so far this season winning 60.5% of them (last season he was at 50%). He is 9th leaguewide in faceoff percentage considering only players who took more than 100 faceoffs. But most of the better ranked players are either overagers or have a much lower offensive production.

Morand stands at 49.5 right now. Somehow he looks more like a playmaking winger to me at the NHL level. Groulx on the other hand, if he continues to improve this could be a strong #3 centerman with good faceoff abilities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad