Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Perbix has declared for Minnesota over Notre Dame. We have two other kids on the same squad, but perbix is still in high school, correct?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Apparently not, perbix will be playing for Minnesota this season. That team is a must-follow for us fans.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Apparently not, perbix will be playing for Minnesota this season. That team is a must-follow for us fans.

I had read a rumor alluding to the switch a few weeks ago, have to wonder if having a spot available this year was part of the reasoning.

So we will indeed have three forward prospects with the Gophers this season - Gates, McLaughlin and Perbix.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I had read a rumor alluding to the switch a few weeks ago, have to wonder if having a spot available this year was part of the reasoning.

So we will indeed have three forward prospects with the Gophers this season - Gates, McLaughlin and Perbix.
It's strange reading interviews from just a few months ago when he said going to Notre Dame was a dream come true and the academics yadda yadda yadda to now being so excited for Minnesota.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
It's strange reading interviews from just a few months ago when he said going to Notre Dame was a dream come true and the academics blah blah blah to now being so excited for Minnesota.

If those were from prior to the draft then it's possible the Ducks had some influence in wanting him in the NCAA rather than USHL this year.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
If those were from prior to the draft then it's possible the Ducks had some influence in wanting him in the NCAA rather than USHL this year.
I wonder if having two prospects already on the roster had anything to do with that. Both with comfort and familiarity with the program as well as consolidation of resources.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
So he is still playing in the USHL this season, the ducks prospects guy had it wrong.

I thought so because I was pretty sure he is still in high school.

All USHL teams play their first two games of the season at the league's Fall Classic which runs from this upcoming Thursday-Sunday. We should know for sure by then.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Nice to see him doing that. Apparently he was injured last season, hence the really underwhelming stats. He had a hat-trick in one of the prospect games, will be interesting seeing what he can do in what hopefully be an injury free season. I don`t have too high hopes for him but hopefully he can become a servisable bottom 6er and obviously he`s ways away from that but that`s why he`s a prospect.

So far looks like he`s not affraid to go into dirty areas and create havoc just to find himself an open spot later. There`s certainly a place for players like that in the NHL, let`s see how far Olson can go.

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
Honestly, why?

Cause the league is incredibly inconsistent with penalizing players. If the league isn't going to scare players away from taking head shots on our guys, then maybe a loose cannon or two on the roster might.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->