Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I guess they're changing the ratings up a lot - which I like in theory, because a 0-100 scale makes limited sense when you realistically only use 80-95 ratings for the entire NHL

48, AFAIR even last year would have been really bad even for a junior player.

Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I’ve never understood why they don’t just rank the best players a 99 or 100 even. FIFA does the same thing though with Messi and Ronaldo at 94-95 usually.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I’ve never understood why they don’t just rank the best players a 99 or 100 even. FIFA does the same thing though with Messi and Ronaldo at 94-95 usually.
I believe it's mainly for Ultimate Team, because they release better versions of players throughout the year, and if they start at 99, you can't really do that.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
So here's something I found while searching YouTube for something with Perbix in it since information about him seems scarce. It's highlights followed by game footage of a high school playoff match between Perbix's Elk River team and McLaughlin's Grand Rapids team. They both have goals in it, McLaughlin's is an absolute snipe from the circles that gets shown in the highlight package, and Perbix storms the middle lane and converts on a pretty filthy backhand. I haven't finished watching the whole thing yet but figured it was worth sharing. McLaughlin scores right during the first highlight package and Perbix's goal is just after the 2 minute mark.

Perbix wears #12 in white and McLaughlin is #7 in orange.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
So here's something I found while searching YouTube for something with Perbix in it since information about him seems scarce. It's highlights followed by game footage of a high school playoff match between Perbix's Elk River team and McLaughlin's Grand Rapids team. They both have goals in it, McLaughlin's is an absolute snipe from the circles that gets shown in the highlight package, and Perbix storms the middle lane and converts on a pretty filthy backhand. I haven't finished watching the whole thing yet but figured it was worth sharing. McLaughlin scores right during the first highlight package and Perbix's goal is just after the 2 minute mark.

Perbix wears #12 in white and McLaughlin is #7 in orange.

Someone on the main board posted a rumor that Perbix will be joining McLaughlin and Gates at Minnesota rather than attending Notre Dame as planned.

Obviously from our perspective that would be wonderful to have three prospects on the same NCAA team.

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
I know this is really reaching but Lundestrom had 1 goal and 2 assists in an exhibition against some Swiss team today.

tigerman67

May 30, 2010
Lulea
I know this is really reaching but Lundestrom had 1 goal and 2 assists in an exhibition against some Swiss team today.
It was the NLA team Geneve-Servette. the swiss scored 3 straight before Lulea turned it around. Lundestrom involved in all the goals up to 3-3 (1+1 in PP and a 2nd assist on the ES goal).
I only watched a few minutes of the game so I can't really say how he was. But in the post-interview the coach called him "brilliant".

He also scored the team's only goal against the NLA team Lausanne on Tuesday (1-3 loss). That was the first goal of the season for the team so he's currently 2+2 on the team pre-season total of 6 goals.

Last edited:
Reactions: rlstine

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
As far as I read, I think both WJC(U-20 not 18) and SHL teams coaches said that Isac was one of their most important player. Looks like he is doing that and with putting on another level.

We`ll see how it all works out for him

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Gulls signed Tyler soy to 1 year deal

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Lundestrom wasn't a reach, he was ranked top 25 by almost every source.
I used it in quotes to simply notate that, at least to my recollection, he wasn't nearly as highly touted in the spot that we were picking. Maybe not being flashy would've portrayed my message better.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
I used it in quotes to simply notate that, at least to my recollection, he wasn't nearly as highly touted in the spot that we were picking. Maybe not being flashy would've portrayed my message better.
I think the big issue with the Lundestrom pick at the draft was that Veleno (Dumba) had taken quite a tumble to us at #23, and by the time our pick came around and he was still available, a lot of people (including me) had their hearts set on him and reacted with irritation when we let Veleno go. If Veleno had already been taken by that point, I believe the reaction would have been a lot more muted, with just a general sense of discontent that Bob Murray once again did not swing for power, but instead contact, with his first rounder.

But Lundestrom is looking like a great pick in the early going. Hopefully he keeps trending up.

Reactions: bags07

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

He wasn't highly touted at our spot in the draft because he was projected to go much higher in the draft, with a few of them projecting the mid-teens. I didn't think we had a chance at Lundestrom, tbh.

teemussalami1

Mar 16, 2017
I think Lundestrom was the most predictable pick we've had in recent memory. If he was there I had no doubt that we would highly consider taking him. Looks like a pretty good pick as usual with the Swedes.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Yeah, I think the rankings were right. It's the consensus of the scouting reports in circulation that were questionable.

Yeah, and it seems like they were falling into one of the oldest traps there is. Kids being flashy and racking up points against kids = high upside / kids playing against men, knowing they don't help their team with flashy plays that don't usually work against men = low upside.

Reactions: Exit Dose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad