Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Los Angeles has a better prospect pool than us?
They have had a pretty good draft the last couple years tbh... I think it would be close... but the ducks don't generally draft boom/bust style guys... and if I recall pronman is the type of guy that likes those high end potential/high chance of busting prospects. You look at anaheims prospect pool and it lacks elite talent(but he clearly underrates a guy like Larsson/Mahura.

Honestly kings are very deep at forward and Goalie
Vilardi, Anderson-Dolan, Kupari, Thomas and Dudas gives them really great center depth... and then in goal they drafted Villalta Hrenak and Ingrahm to add to Petersen.

Defense they have a few solid guys in Clague(just won Defensive player of the year in whl), Anderson and Brickley…. cant really think of any winger prospects that they have.

But they might have the deepest center and goalie prospect pool in the league right now.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I remember him being pretty spot on about our prospect pool a few years ago but I dont think he did a good job on that current list at all

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
There were a couple errors as to positions as well in the article. I don't think he knows a lot about our prospects and he makes no bones about the fact that he rates some pools higher because in his mind they have more "high end" prospects.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Soy wanted a 1 way contract? After being sent back as an overager and not even cracking the top 10 in scoring why did he think he would get that?

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Soy wanted a 1 way contract? After being sent back as an overager and not even cracking the top 10 in scoring why did he think he would get that?

I guess he just preferred CIS and university education to playing in the AHL on a $70k salary... :dunno:

EDIT: And that $70k is assuming that he signed an ELC with some organization. An AHL-only deal could be less than that...

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I guess he just preferred CIS and university education to playing in the AHL on a $70k salary... :dunno:

EDIT: And that $70k is assuming that he signed an ELC with some organization. An AHL-only deal could be less than that...

Players like Soy have a tough choice to make there, because their Canadian University education packages are voided if not used within a certain period following their junior career.

I'd suspect he's already been completing at least some University courses over the past couple years since finishing high school, as many CHLers do - so he may be only 2-3 years away from a degree. If he's only getting minor league offers it would make more sense to finish the free schooling he's entitled to while playing CIS hockey. Similar or better offers will surely be there 2 or 3 years from now and he'll have a degree to fall back on.

Reactions: Opak and Ducks DVM

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Pretty absurd. Compare what they've produced in about the last 5 years compared to us.

You can argue we have no surefire stars but we have a bunch of good prospects
Comparing prospect polls is about looking in the future not in the past.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yes but it's an indicator of how well you're doing
Things can change quickly and we just lost Montour, Kase in graduations while Larsson hasn`t developed as fast as we thought. We have taken a step back for sure. I can`t comment on Kings situation as I just don`t know it.

We have a good system of developing defnesemen, for sure. But that doesn`t mean our current prospects are better than anyone.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The Kings have Vilardi, who is probably a top 10 prospect in the league (although injuries are a concern) and Clague who is an offensive force from the blue line

There is no way they have the depth that we have though.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The Kings have Vilardi, who is probably a top 10 prospect in the league (although injuries are a concern) and Clague who is an offensive force from the blue line

There is no way they have the depth that we have though.
Their centers and goalies are really good but they lack wingers and dmen outside of clague

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Always have to take pronman with a grain of salt.

Pronman may have a certain criteria to determine who is a prospect and who isn't. Prospect ratings vary per author, including HF. Look at Last Word on Hockey's article on 2018 top prospects. They list the following prospects as graduated: Montour, Welinski, Roy, and Kossila.

If it's similar to that, then we really only have three top prospects in Steel, Larsson, and Terry. Everyone else is a tier below. Even Larsson hasn't shown up yet, tbh.

I'd have to agree with Pronman that right now, our farm system isn't what is used to be. While we might have some gems, we're still waiting on them to be polished.

Reactions: Duck Off and Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad