Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Hypothetically, if the Gulls clinch tomorrow or Thursday and Halifax eliminate Drummondville Friday, it's not inconceivable that Comtois could be available for San Diego at the beginning of Round 2, correct?
Nope, he should be coming to help.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah also prefer to see Comtois go far in the playoffs vs Morand & Groulx.
Comtois has a much much better ceiling than either of them so him going farther is higher priority.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Drummondville stays alive with a 6-2 win over Halifax to make the series 3-2. Comtois had a goal, even rating, and 7 SOG. Groulx had 2 assists, +2, 3 SOG. Morand was scoreless, -1, 3 SOG.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I hope comtois and Morand get to play on same line again somewhere that's a cool story

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Why's that? Morand doesn't seem like he's shown much
He's a boom bust prospect. I think he's more skilled than Comtois(not knocking Comtois), and you have to remember that some of that statistical disparity comes from Comtois employing his skill in junior with an NHL frame(or near NHL). I think the potential for that scenario is there at least.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
He's a boom bust prospect. I think he's more skilled than Comtois(not knocking Comtois), and you have to remember that some of that statistical disparity comes from Comtois employing his skill in junior with an NHL frame(or near NHL). I think the potential for that scenario is there at least.
It's worth mentioning that stat-watching won't really get our opinions anywhere -- Rakell, for instance, barely cracked PPG three seasons in a row on three strong Plymouth teams in the OHL -- but I don't really see a boom factor in Morand. He plays a very smart game and I like his decision making, but he really lacks a stand-out offensive quality. His skating is good, but not great. His stickhandling is good, but not great. He's a solid passer, but not a visionary in that regard, so to speak. He reminds me a lot of Sam Steel in his profile, except his IQ isn't great -- it's just good. And all this is added onto the fact that he's slightly undersized for a center and will need to work his skillset around that fact. I still think he could make it in the NHL as a solid third line center, and I'm not as high on Comtois as some of the people here, but I just don't see Morand cracking the top-6. He's an incredibly well-rounded, low-flash center, but he lacks the high-end skill that sets out the boom from the chaff.

Reactions: Doothpick

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Pronman was always a fan of Antoine mentioning he makes his linemates better.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Guelph Storm reverse swept the London ****ing Knights to advance into round 3 of the OHL playoffs.

Slightly OT, since no Ducks prospects were playing, but just... wow...

Guelph trailed the conference finals three games to one but have just capped off a second straight convincing win over Saginaw to force game 7 tomorrow night.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Drummondville loses game 6 in OT, meaning they have lost the series. Comtois is now eligible to join the Gulls. He finished the QMJHL playoffs with 16GP 11G 4A +5 75SOG.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Alex dostie is destroying the ECHL playoffs. Believe he leads all players in scoring and he scored a hattrick plus an assist today.

He’s been playing for the local team near me a good portion of this season (Tulsa Oilers). He’s easily been our best player when he’s here the last two months. I saw him play when he was first assigned here and wasn’t impressed at all. Funny story: A lot of the Oilers work out at my gym. Sometimes they do it as a team. I think it’s a promotion the gym runs or something. Anyway, hockey really is non existent here so even when they’re there, no one pays much attention. A few months ago, I was working out when they were there and I had my workout shirt that says “Ducks Hockey” on. Alex came over to me and introduced himself. Ridiculously nice kid, but Jesus did I feel old. He was 21 then, but I swear he looked 17.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
He’s been playing for the local team near me a good portion of this season (Tulsa Oilers). He’s easily been our best player when he’s here the last two months. I saw him play when he was first assigned here and wasn’t impressed at all. Funny story: A lot of the Oilers work out at my gym. Sometimes they do it as a team. I think it’s a promotion the gym runs or something. Anyway, hockey really is non existent here so even when they’re there, no one pays much attention. A few months ago, I was working out when they were there and I had my workout shirt that says “Ducks Hockey” on. Alex came over to me and introduced himself. Ridiculously nice kid, but Jesus did I feel old. He was 21 then, but I swear he looked 17.

That's awesome. I'm a big fan of his from his play in the Q and still have hope for him to make it. Its awesome that hes doing so well in the ECHL, playing in that league is no longer the kiss of death for a prospect that it once was.

Reactions: Duck Off

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That`s pretty cool from him to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese