Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Interesting. Where would he play then?

He was only on loan to Ilves I believe, so his rights would remain with his Czech League club.

I wonder if they'll give any thought to having him come over to acclimate to the North American game via the CHL import selection. More likely they prefer he continue facing older competition.

Reactions: Opak

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
He was only on loan to Ilves I believe, so his rights would remain with his Czech League club.

I wonder if they'll give any thought to having him come over to acclimate to the North American game via the CHL import selection. More likely they prefer he continue facing older competition.

Dostal is in a really curious situation. He is signed to HC Kometa Brno until 2021, but Kometa doesn't really have a roster spot for him. He most likely isn't loaned to Ilves again, because they already signed an established netminder there. IMO he shouldn't go to the CHL, because he has clearly shown that he's already a pro level goalie. Yet his stock is rising quickly in the hockey world, due to his pro performance and his recent NT invite. Maybe we sign him to ELC this offseason and Kometa agrees to release him, allowing us to loan him to Europe for one more season? :dunno:

Kometa has two other goalies locked up long term. Marek Ciliak (2021) returned mid-season from the KHL, he is now the starter in the playoffs. And for good reason, as he has one hell of a resume from the Czech league -- since 2014, the guy has won 2 championships, 2 "Harts", 2 "Vezinas" and 1 "Conn Smythe".

Then there's Karel Vejmelka (2020), who was the regular season starter, but lost his job to the returning Ciliak. Vejmelka was drafted by Nashville in 2015, but those rights have since expired due to no ELC offer.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Given I think Anaheim will move on from Miller and go with Boyle as the full time back up for Gibson, I wouldn't be surprised if Dostal moves to San Diego for next season and they pair him with an experienced goaltender down there to split duties in his first year in North America. I know Eriksson Ek is there currently, but I'm expecting him to go back to the SHL for next season to win a starting job there.

Granted it would be quite early given he's only about to turn 19, but he seems a damn good goaltender for his age who's far too good to be playing in the Czech 2nd league or in the pressbox because his team has signed a million goaltenders.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Halifax wins game 1 by a score of 5-3. Morand had 3 assists, +2, 2 SOG.
Drummondville destroys Sherbrooke in the first game of the series by a score of 9-4. Comtois named 1st star of the game with 2 goals and an assist, +4, and 5 SOG.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Halifax wins game 1 by a score of 5-3. Morand had 3 assists, +2, 2 SOG.
Drummondville destroys Sherbrooke in the first game of the series by a score of 9-4. Comtois named 1st star of the game with 2 goals and an assist, +4, and 5 SOG.
Whats the site to see highlights again

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Whats the site to see highlights again

QMJHL game highlights here. Playoff bracket here.

EDIT: Another thing to pay attention to in that series is Sherbrooke's captain & top scorer, 2019 NHL draft eligible Samuel Poulin (LW, #29). Ranked as a mid-to-late 1st rounder, he has 29 goals and 76 points in 67 regular season games, in addition to 8 goals and 12 points in 6 playoff games. Highlight reel goals @ 1:50 and 3:21 of this video, hat trick goal @ 5:50.

FWIW, his team lost 9-4, but Poulin scored 3 goals and ended up with a +2 rating.

Last edited:

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Drummondville takes a 2-0 series lead after winning 7-1. Comtois had a goal, even rating, 6 SOG.
Halifax also takes a 2-0 lead with a 3-2 win. Morand had 1 assist, +1, 1 SOG.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I hope we have looked into signing London Knights OA forward Kevin Hancock. He has no real standout physical traits but just seems to make the right decisions all over the ice. Could see him becoming a quality secondary contributor. At worst I think you'd have a tweener who'd be a key player for the Gulls and provide NHL depth.

Kevin Hancock at eliteprospects.com

GermanRocket7

Played silly not to draft Fantilli
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
He has been ranked around #100 in all major draft rankings for 2017 but was not picked whatsoever, even though the draft usually has some 210-ish picks. I assume this is an indicator of him being a locker room cancer and that's the reason why he still is undrafted and has not been signed by an NHL team?!

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I didn't really know where else to put this, but with Kyle Olson currently on an ATO in San Diego, if they elect to sign him to an ELC at some point in the near future or at the end of the season, is it still just a standard 3-year entry level deal or is it amended at all?

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
QMJHL game highlights here. Playoff bracket here.

EDIT: Another thing to pay attention to in that series is Sherbrooke's captain & top scorer, 2019 NHL draft eligible Samuel Poulin (LW, #29). Ranked as a mid-to-late 1st rounder, he has 29 goals and 76 points in 67 regular season games, in addition to 8 goals and 12 points in 6 playoff games. Highlight reel goals @ 1:50 and 3:21 of this video, hat trick goal @ 5:50.

FWIW, his team lost 9-4, but Poulin scored 3 goals and ended up with a +2 rating.

Sounds like a player that Ducks would be interested in seeing as they've historically seemed to value players who pick their game up come playoff time.

Reactions: The Baffled King

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
I didn't really know where else to put this, but with Kyle Olson currently on an ATO in San Diego, if they elect to sign him to an ELC at some point in the near future or at the end of the season, is it still just a standard 3-year entry level deal or is it amended at all?
Please see the linked article: NHL Entry Level Contracts (ELC) – A Quick Primer
Based on this he would sign a standard ELC, good for three years.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Halifax wins 4-2 to take a 3-0 series lead. Morand had a goal, 2 assists, +2, and 3 SOG.
Drummondville wins 4-2 to go up 3-1 in the series. Comtois had an assist, +1, and 0 SOG.

Reactions: AustrianDuck

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Morand and Comtois playing together again in SD might be fun

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Morand unfortunately has a weak season in terms of production and Comtois slowed down in the playoffs :-(

It is really hard to judge Morand right now.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Could have posted this in his own thread, but the video is meh and doesn't show his highlight, but Lundestrom had a secondary assist on the go-ahead 3rd period goal with 2:13 left as Lulea beat Frolunda 3-1. Enormous win for Lulea, whom cut the series deficit to 2-1. Lundy now has 1+6=7 in 8 games.

Would have been very interesting if Lulea lost today and trailed the series 3-0. Given the Gulls have 2 regular season games left and the playoffs may not start until the middle of next week at the earliest, there may have been an outside shot that Isac might have been back for game 1 if the Gulls got in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->