Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I would not write Dostie off so quickly. He will get his chance next year in the AHL. He certainly has the talent to play in the NHL at some point.

Reactions: Goose of Reason

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
.....and they pulled off the game 7 win (3-2) to advance to the OHL Championship, amazing.

What incredible "storytelling" in this OHL final series -- WCF winner Guelph reverse swept London in round 2 and came back from a 3-1 deficit vs Saginaw, whereas the ECF winner Ottawa steamrolled the conference 12-0.

Even though there are no Ducks prospects playing in the OHL final, I very much look forward to the final series...

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

he also had 11 shots with 4 of them of high danger. by stat sheet it looks like he dominated the game

Reactions: Opak

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm still pretty hesitant about that Groulx pick.
Am I the only 1 that kinda likes the Groulx pick. It is a late 2nd round pick so the expectations prob arnt so high, I think hes a little more of a project player. I assume you wanted hallander or olofsson ?

Def more on the wait and see how he does pick... but he upped his offensive output by 25 points this season(and a solid postseason so far)…. I think hes a guy that will put in the work and do what he has to do to make it... he has a bit of sandpaper to his game which I think will help him stick... his biggest question will be does he have the offense upside to stick in a top 9.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Am I the only 1 that kinda likes the Groulx pick. It is a late 2nd round pick so the expectations prob arnt so high, I think hes a little more of a project player. I assume you wanted hallander or olofsson ?

Def more on the wait and see how he does pick... but he upped his offensive output by 25 points this season(and a solid postseason so far)…. I think hes a guy that will put in the work and do what he has to do to make it... he has a bit of sandpaper to his game which I think will help him stick... his biggest question will be does he have the offense upside to stick in a top 9.

Me too. Im fine picking projects like groulx as long as we can keep hitting on our first rounders and guys like comtois + as a gritty shooting center he does fill a niche in our depth that steel and lundestrom are unlikely to fill

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site

Bo might end up being a Boone Jenner type of player. Maybe end up an elite 3rd line center.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

That last sentence is the main source of my skepticism.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I can live with Groulx but I don't understand why we passed on Hallander at this point. Size and skating with a 200 foot game and 0.5 ppg in a mens league at the draft.
I agree... i wanted hallander also. But i think groulx has a bit more potential than he gets credit for.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I agree... i wanted hallander also. But i think groulx has a bit more potential than he gets credit for.

I don't see great upside to the Groulx pick, but I also think he has a pretty good chance of being a solid pro.

If he can become a useful bottom six guy who plays a smart two way game, provides grit and some secondary scoring, that's still a good pick. I certainly like what I hear about his intangibles.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't see great upside to the Groulx pick, but I also think he has a pretty good chance of being a solid pro.

If he can become a useful bottom six guy who plays a smart two way game, provides grit and some secondary scoring, that's still a good pick. I certainly like what I hear about his intangibles.
It was more of a safe pick, the year before we took morand…. who is kind of a project/risk-reward type player... to me groulx is almost the opposite... he prob doesn't have the upside to be a top 6 player... but I think he should be able to become a bottom 6 player no problem. He lacks the offensive upside to crack a top 6(at least up till now), but he works hard/plays hard and should be a good depth player.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Groulx seems Winnik-ish? (obviously smaller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad