Ducks' Only 3 Losses Are In OT (Record: 10-3)

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
According to the responses so-far in this thread, the Ducks are basically Rodney Dangerfield.

No respect.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
I'm talking about the length of a regulation NHL game. It is 60 minutes. Anything beyond that is NOT regulation.
Who are you telling this to, people that have never seen a hockey game? Look I get the point that the Ducks losing games by only 1 goal means they are never blown out, but I just don't see why that makes any difference. It sure as heck won't make the team feel any better if they don't get to the finals or don't win the Cup.
According to the responses so-far in this thread, the Ducks are basically Rodney Dangerfield.

No respect.
No it's more like some fans want the Ducks to get more respect than their record indicates because they are not losing in regulation.

KingKane88

Apr 13, 2011
While the numbers look impressive, when you look at who they played to get these numbers it really takes away from the shock value.

BTW Hawks are 10-4, "IF" the Hawks can pull out a win tonight the Ducks will have the same amount of losses with the Hawks having 1 more win (11-4...10-4), and considering the teams both the Hawks and Ducks had to play to get here, the Hawks record would look alot more impressive then the Ducks.

Church of Toews*

Nothing like that 2012 WCF against Phoenix, then SCF against the Devils, eh?

Better luck next year, or not, whatever.

just ignore that the Kings eliminated the 1st 2nd and 3rd seed in the playoffs, stormed through the entire western conference with a 12-2 record heading into the cup final as an 8th seed......

Devils won the same amount of games as the entire western conference the cup final went to 6 while the kings were the favorite obviously the devils were not a team to be taken lightly.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
This. You want to talk about an easy road to the WCF.

Hey guys they didn't lose in regulation to The Jets or the Flames!!!!!!

wow! amazing! :laugh::laugh:

maybe if the chicagos were as good in the regular season as anaheim was, they would've gotten an easy path as well. but they weren't, so they didn't. hmmm... makes you think.

Oct 18, 2011
23 out of 26 points in the playoffs

gotta love how every ducks topic inevitably turns into "they had an easy road" you can only play the teams scheduled, what do you want them to do?

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Anyone crying about Anaheim getting an easy road should take a look at this thread here. Before the playoffs started, the tone was quite a bit different.

I'd even dare to say the fact that people are now calling that series "easy" is a testament to how well the Ducks have been playing. Or the people who claim they weren't tough games simply didn't even watch the series, I don't know. It's easier to look at the stats and the number of games and play captain hindsight.

The Flames series was no slouch as well. They were speedy and more importantly they kept fighting and never gave up. Ramo was a wall at times. Overall really unpleasant to play against. Not saying the Ducks weren't the clear cut favorites in this series, but saying it was "easy" doesn't prove anything but your own ignorance in regard to the series.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
There has not been an easier out this postseason than Minnesota in the 2nd round. It's not even close. Winnipeg would have smashed that bunch.

topnotch

Oct 20, 2010
It's impressive the Ducks have been able to stay in each game till the end. They are a very good team.

For comparison, in the 3 "bad" Hawks losses, Chicago was out of the game late in the third (Nash gm 2), early in the third (Nash gm 5), and late in the third (Ana gm 1).

TurdFerguson

Jul 29, 2012
maybe if the chicagos were as good in the regular season as anaheim was, they would've gotten an easy path as well. but they weren't, so they didn't. hmmm... makes you think.

There is no possible way that Chicago could've avoided facing one of st Louis or Nashville.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
just ignore that the Kings eliminated the 1st 2nd and 3rd seed in the playoffs, stormed through the entire western conference with a 12-2 record heading into the cup final as an 8th seed......

Devils won the same amount of games as the entire western conference the cup final went to 6 while the kings were the favorite obviously the devils were not a team to be taken lightly.

That's awfully selective don't you think? According to HF, if the Ducks storm through the first two rounds against lesser teams, it's because of the lack of competition quality, not the quality of the Ducks. But if LA cruises through the softest last two rounds in recent memory, it's because of their super duper awesomeness, not the lack of quality opposition. :help:

It's an impressive thing that LA did in 2012, going through the top seeds like that and crushing their way to a Cup as an 8th seed. I just don't want to hear chirping in a thread like this from some goofy Kings fan. Just because LA's regular season point total didn't reflect the true caliber of their team (I won't say they sandbagged, but you know, whatever that weird regular season averageness thing is that LA does), it doesn't mean they were really the caliber of an 8th seed team. They had no business being an 8th seed to begin with. Vancouver and St Louis may have looked legit that year, but in hindsight those were both teams that were primed for an upset. StL poops out every year even when healthy, and had some major injuries that year including Pie. Vancouver was clinging to their fading window and just didn't have much of a chance against a legit LA team. Then the Coyotes, then the Devils... the Devils!? Come on man, I don't want to hear crap about easy playoff rounds from LA.

I just love how nobody thought we could get by the big bad, underrated Winnipeg team. And now they are seen as a "gimme" round. Pfft, anyone still spewing that nonsense is just going out of their way to be ignorant to discredit the Ducks.

Apologies to the above teams and fans I mentioned, it wasn't my intention to be insulting, just making a point.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
That's crazy. 13 games in and they haven't lost in regulation at all in the 2015 playoffs.

They also played inferior teams. Their path to their position was easy... I don't want to take anything away from the Ducks because they're a good team and they certainly belong where they're at but they had an easy route.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Ugh, this again.

Wait, but you just said... oh nevermind.

They're valid points, which is why the Hawks and Ducks are in a tied series.....

None of it really matters anymore because the Ducks have met a team that can beat them.

Also, denying the Ducks didn't have an easy route would be disingenuous.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Anyone crying about Anaheim getting an easy road should take a look at this thread here. Before the playoffs started, the tone was quite a bit different.

I'd even dare to say the fact that people are now calling that series "easy" is a testament to how well the Ducks have been playing. Or the people who claim they weren't tough games simply didn't even watch the series, I don't know. It's easier to look at the stats and the number of games and play captain hindsight.

The Flames series was no slouch as well. They were speedy and more importantly they kept fighting and never gave up. Ramo was a wall at times. Overall really unpleasant to play against. Not saying the Ducks weren't the clear cut favorites in this series, but saying it was "easy" doesn't prove anything but your own ignorance in regard to the series.

Pretty much. The way they steamrolled the Jets and Flames should be more of a credit to the Ducks and less of a 'lolflamesjets.' Those two teams were just about everyone's darlings going in to the playoffs, they just got dismantled by a team that's been quietly wrecking dreams all year.

Interesting

Odds would say the Ducks are due a regulation loss or two

I thought their one-goal game record this year was smoke and mirrors to an extent but they've mostly just kept doing it. At this point I wouldn't necessarily count on it but if there's a team that can do it it's the Hawks...problem is, watching the Hawks is reminding me of last year's Kings and seems like they just need to manufacture their own dire situation before pulling out of it :laugh:

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Jets beat the Hawks all season long.

They are not the cream puffs that you think they are. :shakehead

They played some of the weakest teams before the Hawks, but they been pretty impressive this series I'll give them that. Either eay the Kings 2012 run is still more impressive IMO.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
This just in - the NHL confirms that no other seed EVER has played the #7 and #8 seeds in the first two rounds.

In other news, the 2013 Chicago season has been confirmed by the NHL as also never actually happening.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Yeah, that's the reward for winning 51 games and finishing at the top.

Put the Ducks in the central and see what happens. They're not winning 51 games. The Ducks had it easy - which is why Ducks fans think this team is the best in NHL history...

Take a look at goal differential, the fact the Ducks won 51 games is flukey..... The Ducks were either blown out allot or won allot of close games.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'd like to say I've never seen so many people go out of their way to discredit a great team tied with another great team, but seems to happen with frequency this time of year.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Put the Ducks in the central and see what happens. They're not winning 51 games. The Ducks had it easy - which is why Ducks fans think this team is the best in NHL history...

Take a look at goal differential, the fact the Ducks won 51 games is flukey..... The Ducks were either blown out allot or won allot of close games.

Can only play who is put in front of you. Best way to deal with it is to beat those opponents handily so there are few questions.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

you mean that division they dominated all year?

probably more than 51 wins would be my guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad