Ducks' Only 3 Losses Are In OT (Record: 10-3)

Oct 18, 2011
before jets series
"ducks are going to get physically dominated"
"jets play big boy hockey"

now? jets are trash, kind of weird.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
before jets series
"ducks are going to get physically dominated"
"jets play big boy hockey"

now? jets are trash, kind of weird.

It really isn't weird at all.

If the Ducks get through to the finals I'm willing to bet that most people would say the Hawks beat themselves.

As I remember it in 2007 after the cup win people liked to say the following: Ottawa folded like a house of cards under a little defensive pressure and physical hockey, the Ducks got super lucky against Detroit, Vancouver pulled a choke job, and Minnesota just sucked.

Oct 18, 2011

If the Ducks get through to the finals I'm willing to bet that most people would say the Hawks beat themselves.

As I remember it in 2007 after the cup win people liked to say the following: Ottawa folded like a house of cards under a little defensive pressure and physical hockey, the Ducks got super lucky against Detroit, Vancouver pulled a choke job, and Minnesota just sucked.

in the end it doesn't matter, if the ducks end up being the worst cup winners of all time that'd be fine with me

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
in the end it doesn't matter, if the ducks end up being the worst cup winners of all time that'd be fine with me

Pretty much. I've honestly stopped caring about whether people respect the Ducks after the Winnipeg series. This team to this point is the third closest they've ever been to the finals and the cup. So I'm proud of them. I know they're not pretenders and that's all that matters.

That being said, the Ducks really need to prove they've learned from the Detroit and LA series and close out in game 6. They need to treat it like an elimination game.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
23 out of 26 points in the playoffs

gotta love how every ducks topic inevitably turns into "they had an easy road" you can only play the teams scheduled, what do you want them to do?

This Ducks team is a dam good team. Just because they had some weaker opponents shouldn't take anything away.

MiniGreek

Jan 21, 2015
Pretty much. I've honestly stopped caring about whether people respect the Ducks after the Winnipeg series. This team to this point is the third closest they've ever been to the finals and the cup. So I'm proud of them. I know they're not pretenders and that's all that matters.

That being said, the Ducks really need to prove they've learned from the Detroit and LA series and close out in game 6. They need to treat it like an elimination game.

Let the haters hate.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Other than Chicago steamrolling through a very good Minnesota team (which seemed to just be because Kane was an individual matchup problem), every team in the conference finals has had an "easy" path to the final:

Tampa Bay - Montreal is a worse team than Winnipeg or Calgary. They're a total joke that wouldn't even be in the playoffs without all-world goaltending, and got exposed hard. Detroit is a team on as big a decline as the Sharks / Canucks, and all three teams were worse than Winnipeg or Calgary this year. Mrazrek gave them a few games of hot goaltending, and Stamkos struggled playing Center but ultimately they were exposed.

Rangers - Pittsburgh didn't even have its its blueline for the series leading to a total lack of speed through the NZ, and Washington was a pretender full of grinders that really couldn't generate great even strength scoring chances all season and relied on its PP. Ovechkin is a perimeter player who needs to snipe to pefection from 25 feet to score goals, whereas the Lightning have shown how you beat Lundqvist - great passing. Something the Capitals and Penguins did not have.

Chicago - Pekka Rinne became unable to stop the puck in the year 2015. Between January and April his goaltending was barely league average. Mostly because of his injury FWIW. Missing Shea Weber didn't help either. Look at their record since January, they were just a poor team riding a hot start.

Last edited:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
the ducks are still lucky, we all know the WOAT stanley cup team ever was the 2006 #hcanes. the broke every rule in the book, cheated, were mean and willfully injured people :laugh:

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

If I remember right, there were some Wings fans who basically refused to accept they lost that 2007 series, and continued to do so for a few years.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If I remember right, there were some Wings fans who basically refused to accept they lost that 2007 series, and continued to do so for a few years.

Still do. In the last "Rank the cup winners since the 05 lockout" discussion there were still Red Wings fans that refused to legitimize the Ducks series win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad